Ps and Qs

hatsandmilk

Is Mikey going to read tfios?
Yes. Eventually, when he's accepted that death is an unavoidable fate.

Did he ever fall in love after Pete, if so with who?
He will. Maybe not very willingly, but he will. Maybe with that cute girl who works behind the counter at the pharmacy – Alicia. Or maybe that girl he met one day after group in a coffee shop – Kirsten. Or maybe he'll finally fall in love with himself and the Useless Logs of Fat made of him.

How long does Mikey live after Pete dies?
Mikey keeps living. Doesn't commit suicide, doesn't get into another car accident. And maybe he even forgives himself for what happened that night.
He keeps running because the world keeps running.
But for as long as he runs, Mikey can't read The Boy in Striped Pajamas.

What happens to Gerard and Frank?
They reach the end of the line eventually. When they've grown so different they can hardly remember each other, they make a mutual agreement in which they both leave. Gerard is a wreck. And maybe for just a split second, he allows himself to be.
Before his wreck of a little brother is more important.

Does Dr Stump stay Mikey's therapist?
Because he's Mikey's favourite therapist – he stays. He stays until Mikey no longer needs him, even if he still wants him.

After Pete dies does Mikey ever write a blog post again?
Mikey waits a decent amount of time (just until he doesn't cry himself to sleep and he can say Pete's name aloud again) before he makes another blog post. It's not about Pete or his life or The Boy in Striped Pajamas. Instead his blog post is about himself, just like they should be.

Do Ryan and Haley get together?
Eventually yes. But the fact of the matter is, they're using each other as temporary replacements for the people they lost. So maybe it's better when they can no longer make eye contact.

And I can't remember who it was but they asked about overdosing on morphine and I'm mentally kicking myself for not mentioning morphine before.
Morphine is prescription pain medication. It's highly addictive and – when taken in large amounts – lethal. It's used on cancer patients (as well as Huntington's patients) but loads of the patients on the drug decide they'd rather die from intense relieve than pain.
My grandmother begged my mother, when she was still alive. She begged her to overdose the morphine.
And I guess Pete did the same.