5. Friday.

2016/01/29 Friday

As of this morning, there's been a huge leap in how many followers I've gained because I went right from having 5 followers to having 21 which was stupid and unlikely and for some reason I'm sure this is a joke or a prank. Or maybe it's Dr Nestor's way of getting back at me after I ignored her yesterday. So welcome, all 16 new followers whether you're real or not I hope you all realize soon that there's nothing interesting about a 17 year old boy in a wheelchair.

Mr Bowie missed today's lesson and instead sent me an email that had something to do with how he wasn't feeling very well but that he'd see me again on Monday. He also told me that because I had a "long weekend" there would be a history test on Monday and that I'd get double the homework if I didn't pass with flying colours.

He didn't forget to mention that he'd be emailing Gerard as well, so as to make sure that I didn't go to a party or something and tell Gerard that I had lessons. Which was stupid because I didn't have any friends so I couldn't go to any parties and I also didn't like parties anyway so I wouldn't go, even if I had the choice.

I didn't mind that he was telling Gerard though. I didn't mind, that was, until Frank came to pick me up. He told me in all honesty that we'd be going for hot chocolate and then he'd take me to group therapy afterwards and there were no tricks about today he just wanted to take me out for some hot chocolate as a sorry about Friday's Betrayal.

And even though I didn't want to forgive him, I said that I would go with because I wanted to have Hot Chocolate at Mug & Bean and I would have to go to group therapy whether I wanted to or not. It was better to just accept it and get Hot Chocolate than to be spite about it and not have hot chocolate.

We went to Mug & Bean and because we had time before we had to leave, Frank took me to the bookstore and let me browse from all the books that I could reach, which weren't very many. I spent an equal amount of time at the fantasy and sci-fi books before I decided to have a look at the comedy books because I liked reading Jeremy Clarkson's biography and I quite enjoyed John Cleese's biography too.

But I didn't find anything that seemed all that interesting to me except for Anne Frank's diary. I didn't open it or read it at all, because it seemed kind of wrong to read her diary when she spent all of her time writing her dreams and wishes inside, convinced that no one would ever read her secrets and her fears. And even though she'd died long ago (probably around the same time as the Jews from The Boy in Striped Pajamas) I still felt kind of ashamed to read her personal diary.

By the time Frank decided it was time that we left the bookstore, he told me that I could keep looking around but that he was going to pay for his books really quickly and even though I still had the time to keep looking, I couldn't do so peacefully because I was waiting for him to tell me we could leave. When he finally did call, I almost rode over a small child's fingers to get to him. But she moved just in time.

He got me into the car quicker than Gerard had yesterday, like he usually did. He lingered afterwards to put my seatbelt on for me like I was child who couldn't do it for myself. And while I was on the brink of forgiving him for Last Week Friday's Betrayal I didn't really like it when he treated me like I couldn't do anything for myself so I still doubted whether I really should forgive him in the end.

It was clear that he still felt guilty though, because on our way to Group Therapy he asked I thought you would have bought The Boy in Striped Pajamas with you? And it was in that moment that I realized how much on an idiot I truly am because even though that's all I'd been thinking about, I forgot it behind.