(1.3)

Levi

This was shit.

They were in this confusing place with no idea how to get back to Wall Maria. This world was loud, and smelled strange. There were no walls enclosing anyone here, and, going off what the Claire woman had said, no Titans. A place this size was bound to have a government as shitty and corrupt as theirs was before they made that brat, Historia, queen. How long would she remain queen with the Survey Corps' Commander Erwin gone? How long would the people inside the walls last before Titans broke through the wall and turned every last human in to shit? How long before someone in this damned place found out about Eren and tried to dissect him? Would they also cut open Mikasa and himself? They had no way of knowing if these people were deceiving them to do just that. These people... that other woman...

Simone was her name. Levi had never seen anyone like her. Her skin was extremely tan. Her body was plump and curved, especially at the hips. And her hair—her hair... it astounded him the most; a huge mass of tiny spirals that bounced when she walked. She would've definitely gotten kidnapped and sold to someone extremely wealthy inside the walls.

But they were not inside the walls. Apparently they were in Silicon Valley--whatever the hell that was--surrounded by buildings that would tower over the Colossal Titan and metal carriages moving several times faster than horses. Everywhere he looked there were glowing screens projecting words or images or sounds of their own volition, it seemed.

As "James" and "Everett" wrapped devices around their forearms in a wide room with lots of machines, Simone questioned them and clicked endlessly on a device similar to a typewriter, but with a lit screen attached.

"Could you all give me your names?" Erwin Smith, Levi Ackerman, Zoe Hange, Moblit Berner, Armin Arlert, Mikasa Ackerman, Eren Yeager, Jean Kirschstein, Sasha Blouse, Connie Springer. "Oh, are you guys related?" Simone asked himself and Mikasa.

"We... think so," Levi answered.

Simone's tan face showed her confusion. "There are many things we don't know about where we come from, thanks to the Titan threat," Erwin offered. Simone hummed contemplatively and continued her questionnaire. "They probably don't believe us," Levi thought.

Hange began to counter-question their hosts about the machinery they were using and why. Levi simply watched what they did and listened, wondering how advanced their weapons were if this was what they used for simple exams. After, they were poked and prodded they were made to do light exercise while wires were stuck to their bodies. These exercises were nothing to Levi, and he turned over their situation in his mind while he ran on the so-called treadmill. "What brought us here? What if it was on purpose? If it was, who did it? And why—" *BAM* Claire burst through the door and panted, "NASA is here!"