Stealing a baby

Many years ago in the kingdom of Lamada the people were rejoicing in the castle courtyard on a beautiful night. They had just received word of Queen Lucille new born baby girl had just been born. The townsfolk sent fireworks into the sky to make beautiful bursts of color, welcoming the new princess into the world.

Meanwhile in the King's Quarters at the Reynold's castle, Queen Lucille was in bed recovering. Her husband, King Richard, was standing by the window watching his people dance and sing below. King Richard turned around and looked at his wife holding their baby. "What should we name her?" He wondered aloud.

"Hmmm..." thought the Queen looking around for some inspiration to strike, but nothing came to her until she saw her daughter's ocean blue eyes. That's it she thought. "How about Aqua?"

"Aqua is perfect."

Lucille Reynold handed her husband the baby, then picked up a mahogany antique box with gold etching from her nightstand. The box had been in her family for generations. Her mother had given it to her the day she was born, and now it was her daughter's. The Queen opened it and inside, sitting on a red velvet pillow, was a blue tear-shaped necklace. When she was a little girl her grandmother, the former Queen, told her stories of the necklace having untold powers. She said that the person worthy of it would get mysterious and unique powers; although Lucille never believed her she still had her suspicions.

Aqua laughed as her mother put the necklace around her neck. Everything in their world was perfect or so they thought, but what they didn't know was that their enemies the Cadars had woke with a start upon hearing the fireworks, which celebrated the princess's birth, exploding in the sky.

When the Cadars heard the fire crackers they had gotten up, mounted their horses, and rode straight to the outskirts of the Lamada borders. Their leader, Stota, was a fierce looking man on the black horse. Stota was on a mission. A mission to settle the score once and for all, that King Richard could not take everything he wanted. "Now men I will take a small group of three with me to help open the main gate. The guards will be too busy watching the crowd celebrating that they won't notice us sneaking in. I want the rest of you hiding in the Eastern Woods about a half mile away. Once we get the drawbridge open the rest of you will rush in and distract the royal guards. With the guards busy I will sneak into the King's room and take what King Richard loves most, his baby. Now go!"

Stota's men obeyed his orders and raced off toward the Eastern Woods. Stota and the other two men headed for the castle, their plan was in motion. Once at the certain wall that surrounds the castle, Stota dismounted his horse and headed to the side that had the least amount of guards and shot them with his crossbow. Now that the guards were dead and no alarms sounded, he pointed his finger at the towering wall above him. Then one of his men carrying a crossbow nodded and shot a grappling hook that fastened with a soft clink. Stota grabbed the rope and started to climb followed closely by his two men.

Once at the top of the wall he raced through the flanking tower on his right knowing it led to the gatehouse. Stota had been in this kingdom many times before and remembered every inch of it because King Richard was Stota's brother. Even if Stota doesn't admit it he did have some fun times with his brother before things changed.

Stota descended the long staircase that led to the gatehouse minding his step so he wouldn't make any noise. Before entering the gatehouse room he peaked around the corner to make sure no guards were on duty inside. Luckily not, but they weren't far. The guards were stationed right outside guarding the front entrance. If he was going to lower the drawbridge he had to be super cautious. Stota whispered to his men, "We need to be very quiet in order to not get caught," he pointed to the guards stationed outside of the room so his men would understand.