A Sort Of Rescue

Aqua trudged through the Forbidden Forest and towards Sinergy's lair. Furious that Firestar, her best friend, refused to help her rescue BlackHawk, her footfalls made lots of noise as she stopped out her frustration.

After another ten minutes of nonstop walking and jogging, the Lamada Castle began to make an appearance on the horizon. Aqua remembered her last encounter at the castle when she met BlackHawk for the first time. He had been a great friend and had helped her many times, it was now her turn to help him. There was just one problem with the rescue, Aqua had no idea where anything in the castle was.

     Aqua approached the gate and noticed there was double the amount of guards than the last time she was there. Knowing there was no way she could fight 4 armed guards, Aqua decided to look for another way in because if there is one entrance there is always another. Aqua walked to the back of the kingdoms walls and noticed it was covered in vines and plants. She approached the vines thinking they were probably part of a garden, but the years of neglect had created a jungle behind the castle.

Aqua grabbed ahold of one of the vines and tugged. Seeing that it was pretty sturdy, she began to scale the wall with ease. As she neared the top, Aqua carefully peered of the top to see if there were any guards positioned in the once-was-a-garden, but there was none. Being about 30 feet above ground, Aqua was not about to jump, so she climbed down on the opposite side.

The old garden was disgusting. It was covered with plants of all sorts, some alive, but most dead. The worth part though was trying to get through it all. Thorns cut Aqua's legs, arms and sides as she trudged onward. No wonder there are no guards out here.

Finally at the covered door that led to the inside of the castle, Aqua pulled out a sharp dagger or knife from her pocket and began to separate the plants from the door. It was a hard task, but the door eventually open and in crept Aqua.

Seeing the inside of a castle was still a little new to Aqua especially since she had only been in it one other time. Knowing that the library was to Aqua's right, she opted to go left. Since most of the guards were protecting the kingdom and castle's entrance, it made navigating the hallways easier.

The First door Aqua sees is large and made of mahogany. She tries the brass handle, but it's locked tight. Moving on, the next door looks a little nicer and it opened. Aqua closes the door quickly when she see several guards sleeping on very old cots. Seeing that there is only one last door, Aqua opens the door quickly and goes inside as she hears guards approaching.

Once inside Aqua is met with a very angry guard. Before the guard has even a moment to react, Aqua grabs a nearby chair and slams it over his head. Conscious, but a little groggy, the guard tries to stand up only to be met with a kick to the head. He slumps to the floor, out like a light. Noticing the large locked door, Aqua searches for a key and finds it on the guards belt. She unlocks the door and is met with stairs that lead underground, knowing this is the entrance to the dungeon, Aqua presses on.

     The dark dungeon smelled of dead rats and or people which was not a good sign. Torches were the only source of light in the pit of darkness and threw shadows in every direction.

     Aqua passed the first few cells that had either very few people in them or didn't have any in them at all. It wasn't until Aqua was in a separate room all together with a single cell taking up most of the space, that she saw BlackHawk.

     BlackHawk looked like he had been beaten from the large gash in his forehead and his blood stained black clothing that was usually spotless. As Aqua drew closer she could see that BlackHawk's hands were chained above his head to the stone wall and his ankles were chained together. It was a sad sight to see one of the toughest men Aqua knew to look so broken and defeated.