Old Friends And New Allies

No matter how many times BlackHawk told Firestar that asking for Stota's help was just straight up crazy, they still ended up outside Stota's door to his bedroom. From outside you could hear he was talking to someone on the phone, so Firestar opened the door.

As soon as Stota saw Firestar and BlackHawk he said, "I'm going to have to call you back," to whoever was on the other end. "Who are you and how did you get inside my house?" Stota asked the two intruders. "That's not important, what is important is your daughter," said BlackHawk. "What about my daughter?" Asked Stota. "She's been taken prisoner," replied Firestar.

"Aqua hasn't left her bedroom in 3 day, how could she be kidnapped?"

"If you're sure she's in her bedroom, why don't you go look?" Said Firestar challenging Stota. A little irritated, Stota pulled open the top drawer of his nightstand and brought out a key. He headed out of his room, purposely bumping into BlackHawk and Firestar as he left his room. Stota quickly unlocked Aqua's door and threw it open. Expecting to see Aqua lying bored on her bed, Stota was shocked to not see her there.

     "What did you guys do to my daughter?" Said Stota turning around rage filling his eyes as he looked at BlackHawk and Firestar. "We did nothing. Your daughter was captured by a man you are quite familiar with," stated BlackHawk. "Who?" Stota asked. "Sinergy," replied Firestar.

     After that it didn't take much time to explain to Stota what had happened over the past couple of years and for Stota to agree to helping
them get Aqua back. They went through the secret entrance in Stota's study, which he wasn't to pleased about, and entered the Forbidden Forest.

As they trudged through Firestar and BlackHawk tried to make small talk with Stota and each other to break the awkward silence. "So, Stota where do you think would be the easiest entrance point into Sinergy's castle?" Asked Firestar. "First we need to address our weapon problem before we can even think about attacking Sinergy." "Where are we going then to get weapons?" BlackHawk asked, noticing Stota taking the lead and changing direction. "Before Sinergy came to power, I was the king of the Cadars. And that is where we are headed. There is plenty of weapons that Sinergy could only dream of having."

BlackHawk looked at Firestar then back to Stota, he doesn't know.

As they approached the top of the hill BlackHawk spoke up, trying to break the bad news. "Stota there's something you need to know about Cadar." "Well whatever it is can wait since we are already here," said Stota when they reached the top of the hill that over looked his kingdom, but what he saw stopped him dead in his tracks.

What once was a beautiful kingdom is now a pile of rubble, though some of the main pillars did remain, it was obvious that no one survived. Stota's hands curled into fists, as he looked at his devastated kingdom. "What kind of monster would kill an entire kingdom including women and children?" Stota said practically growling. "We didn't want to tell you this Stota, but when Sinergy came to power he built up his army and laid waste to any kingdom that was in his path. If the kingdom tried to fight back, like yours did, every living soul was killed," said Firestar breaking the bad news.

     As Firestar and Stota talked back and forth, BlackHawk's mind went somewhere else. BlackHawk had not been to his home since the day of the attack and looking at it was like having a soldier come home from war only to realize that his family was dead. He walked down the other side of the hill as memories of that fateful night filled his head.

     Without even realizing it, BlackHawk had ended up inside of what once was the King's Quarters. Wood, glass and fabric covered the floor, but what caught BlackHawk's attention was a small metal handle on the floor partially hidden by a rug. As he moved the debris that covered the rug, Stota and Firestar approached him to see what he was doing. When he lifted the rug, Stota knew what BlackHawk didn't, "An escape route that was the last resort if there was ever an invasion."

     BlackHawk lifted the hatch and saw the dark tunnel below. Firestar grabbed a nearby torch and lit it by creating a spark with two rocks. "What other choice do we have," said BlackHawk before descending down the perfectly carved steps in the cave tunnel with Firestar and Stota following quickly behind.

     The large tunnel seemed to go on forever with only a small torch to illuminate their path. Deeper into the ground they went until a faint orange glow began to appear. As they neared the light the cave began to open up and they were met with a large village full of people.

The village housing was made out of cloth, large tree branches, and natural cave rocks. There was even farming in certain areas of the cave where light seeped through holes in the cave's ceiling allowing plants to grow. Last, but not least, there was farm animals in the cave that made it smell just a little like a farm. The animals in the corals or farms were cows, pigs and tons of horses.

     As the trio took in their new and unusual surroundings, a man in his early thirties approached them. He was very muscular, like he had been a soldier or something that required a lot of strength, he wore a stern look on his face and his hand never left the hilt of his sword. "Can I help you?" The man asked.

     "Yes, May I speak to the man in charge?"

     "I am the man in charge. Grevis is my name and I must ask you how did you get in here? Nobody knows about the entrance but us."

     "Grevis?" Said Stota and BlackHawk at the same time in both shock and confusion.

      "Yes?" He asked quizzically, looking at the three men that stood in front of him.

     "Brother, it's me BlackHawk," Said BlackHawk as a smile began to form on his face.

     Grevis took a second to look at BlackHawk, could he really be his brother? "BlackHawk?" He questioned. BlackHawk nodded his head. Without a moments hesitation, the two brothers gave each other a large hug. Tears threatened to cascade down their cheeks as they reunited. It had been almost 15 years since they had seen each other and the last time that they saw each other was when Sinergy has destroyed their home, Cadar.

Firestar cleared his throat and the brothers' embrace ended. "I don't mean to be rude, but we have a very pressing matter that needs to be attended to." "And Grevis the reason we were able to find this place, is because it was our last escape plan if the kingdom was ever invaded," said Stota. "King Stota?" Said Grevis, the second time of the day that a ghost from his past was now standing in front of him alive and well. Grevis knelt down on one knee and put his fist on his heart, the Cadars' symbol of respect to their king.

     "You may rise Grevis," said Stota with the authority he had missed. "Alright, lets get down to business. Earlier today my niece, Aqua, was captured by Sinergy when she went to rescue your brother. Once she has served her purpose he will not hesitate to kill her." "And what purpose is that?" Asked General Grevis.

"To fulfill the prophecy," said a shadowy figure as it stepped out of the darkness and into the light, revealing an all to familiar face.

Note: Sorry it has been a long time since I have updated. It has been so crazy with finals, sports, Christmas and New Years. Hopefully I will be writing more frequently in 2018 and will complete this book before summer, which is one of my New Years resolutions. What are yours? Comment below if you would like to share. Also I hope everyone has a Happy New Year and had a very merry Christmas.
-Wolf Warrior