Firestar

Aqua lay on her bed both mad and upset, she knew her father was in the middle of an important meeting, but still she couldn't help feel like he had resented her. Oh well, that is everyday for me, Aqua thought to herself. She rubbed her orange tabby cat, Firestar, as she talked to herself. "I wish I could talk to my friends about my powers, but they would probably think I'm crazy. Right Firestar?" A tiny agreeing meow came from Firestar as he looked at her with his big blue eyes. 

     Somewhere is Aqua's room a voice spoke to her, "You can talk to me about you powers." Aqua jumped at the sound of the other voice, "Who said that?" Asked Aqua looking around her room for the owner of the voice. "I did," the voice was more clear now, it was a little deep and belonged to a man. "Where are you?" Aqua asked still perplexed where the voice was coming from. "I'm right here," said the voice as Firestar walked to the end of the bed where Aqua was standing. Aqua looked down at her cat just as he said, "Sup, I've been waiting a very long time to say that to you."

     Aqua let out a small scream

     Aqua let out a small scream. "Your a talking cat!" She yelled pointing at Firestar. "And you have water powers, were both not normal," replied Firestar. Aqua let out another scream. "Would you please stop doing that," Firestar said trying to cover his ears with his tiny paws. "How? Your just an ordinary cat," Aqua asked her cat. "Well for one thing I'm not a cat," Firestar said with in a matter-of-fact tone. "Than what are you?"

     "I'm a wolf."

     "Really?" Aqua said half questioning him. He is a talking cat after all, but that may not be all of what he can do. "Prove it," she challenged. "Sure, just stand back," Firestar said. Aqua took a few steps back and Firestar's whiskers glittered for a moment.

     The was a blue flash of light and standing before Aqua was a huge black and grey wolf. Firestar had the same blue green eyes he had as a cat, but now in his wolf form. His whole body had these unique dark blue swirls and patters that covered his back and his legs. "Wow," Aqua breathed, marveling at the sight she had just witnessed. "I know, I'm amazingly handsome aren't I?" Firestar said as he puffed out his chest.

     Aqua laughed at Firestar's comment, "Is that all you can do?" 

     "Why, are you not impressed?" Firestar asked a little confused.

     Aqua let out a bored and unimpressed yawn. "It would be truly amazing if you could turn into a person, but I doubt you can even do that." "Sure I can," Firestar replied. "Prove it," Aqua challenged. 

     There was another blue flash and standing before Aqua was not a cat or a wolf, but a good looking guy a little older than herself. He was tall and lean with blue green eyes just like he had in his other forms and had dark brown hair. Firestar smiled at Aqua showing his pearl white teeth, "Told you I could do it."

     All Aqua could do was stare a him in utter shock, "Who are you really?" Firestar let out a sigh, "Well I'm your protector, a Guardian. A Guardian is someone, like me who can change forms, some of us even have powers. There are tons of us, we protect people of great importance even if it means sacrificing our lives for them. Like you Aqua." "Me? Why am I so important?" Aqua asked.

     "Let's just say you have an interesting past," Firestar said with a hint of mystery in his voice. Aqua didn't know what to think about that. An interesting past? That must have something to do with my water powers. "Firestar do you know why I have water powers?" Firestar thought for a second before answering. "No, but I might know someone who does." 

     "Who?" Aqua asked. "His name is Darkmoon, he is the leaders of the Guardians. He just might know about your powers and he can tell you about a few other things," Firestar said. "Like what?" She asked curious. "I guess you'll have to wait and find out," Firestar said as he grabed Aqua's hand and headed out of her bedroom. "Follow me." 

     Firestar had almost lived in the Frazee's house as long as Aqua had so navigating through it was a breeze. "Where are we going?" Aqua asked as they headed through the kitchen and into the living room. "To the place where it all began, my world." 

     Firestar and Aqua went to the backyard then stopped when they reached the pool, without even a moments hesitation he let go of Aqua and somersaulted into the pool. "You want me to jump into the pool? With my clothes on?" Aqua said standing at the edge of the pool. "Why not? I did," Firestar said thinking it was odd of her to say so. 

     Firestar held out his hand and Aqua excepted it and he helped her into the water. They headed to the small rock waterfall that was at the back of the pool. "This is where I found my necklace," Aqua realized. Firestar said nothing and went behind the waterfall followed closely by Aqua. Behind the waterfall was a small cave, Aqua had always thought it was a dead end, at least that is what her father had told her.

     "Um Firestar," said Aqua as he hopped out of the water and headed deeper into the cave, "that cave comes to a dead end." Firestar didn't answer, so Aqua had no choice but to follow him deeper and deeper into the cave.

     Aqua never knew how big the cave was, it seemed to go on for forever. It was almost pitch black in the cave the only light was coming from the walls, they shimmered a dark blue color giving the tunnel a magical feel. Aqua hoped Firestar knew where he was going because she had no idea how to get back to her pool. 

     Finally the narrow tunnel started to open up and get brighter, we must be close to the end of the cave, Aqua thought. Aqua heard the roar of a waterfall and figured they had gotten turned around and were back to her pool in her backyard. But never had she been so wrong. 

     As Aqua and Firestar stepped out from behind the waterfall the first thing Aqua noticed was that her clothes were not wet anymore, the second was the view. The two friends were no longer in Aqua's backyard or in Coronado, California at all, they were in a whole different world. 

     "Where are we?" Asked Aqua breathing in the sights. "We are in The Forbidden Forest right now, my world," replied Firestar looking around as well, it had been so many years since he had been here and already so many things had changed and it was only the beginning.

Note: Special thanks to myownfanfics , steffanirules13 and MasterBlaze for helping me choose Grant Gustin as Firestar in this book. I hope you enjoyed and please comment and vote.

 I hope you enjoyed and please comment and vote