Not A Normal School Day

It was finals day at Sun Coast High and the hallways were abuzz with many students. The smart students were taking their last few minutes to look through their study guides and the rest of the students were talking to their friends.

     Aqua was on her way to her Computer Programming class when she saw Elisabeth and Serina heading to ceramics class together. "Hey guys," said Aqua greeting her friends. They exchanged hugs as Elisabeth asked Aqua if she was nervous. "Well I'm not really nervous for any of my classes except for Science because I have a 92% in that class and I want an A. What about you guys?" "Nope," said Elisabeth and Serina at the same time which made them laugh. 

     The minute bell rang and the three friends said their goodbyes as they headed off to class. Aqua walked into her computer class and logged into her computer as the last of the boys trailed in. In this class she was the only girl all the rest were boys, most girls would have loved this, but to Aqua it was a challenge. 

     As Aqua's computer signed in her teacher instructed them on what to do for their final, then they started the test. Aqua was down to the last three questions when one of the boys came back from the drinking fountain that was right outside their classroom door. There was something about the drinking fountain that got her attention, it was like it was calling her and she had to answer. Just as Aqua was about to go get a drink the whole drinking fountain exploded. Tons of gallons of water went everywhere, flooding the floor and spraying the walls.

     Students and teachers all stopped what they were doing to see the commotion that was happening in the halls. Once they all went to see the water geyser they were sprayed from head to toe with water. Aqua's Computer Programming teacher raced to the janitor's closet, fight the blast of the water all the way, to turn off the water that powered the fountain. She turned the water main off to the fountain and the huge geyser stopped flowing.

     Seeing that all the excitement was done all the students and teachers headed back to class to resume their finals. With the water turned off the school's janitor's came in with a bunch of towels to start cleaning up the remaining water. As Aqua headed back to her class room with the rest of her class, she asked the teacher a question. "Has anything like this ever happened before?" "No, not even close. It is very odd what happened, but it could of just been a burst of water pressure," replied her teacher. "Ya I guess so," Aqua said and headed back to her seat to finish up her last few questions on her final.

     At 8:50 the bell rang to change classes, Aqua's next class was Science with Mr. Days. When Aqua first started his class she didn't like Science, but now she actually liked it. She had experienced things in Mr. Days class that other people would envy, like halfway through the year she had to do a big project on Mars with a few other students. Her group and a few others were one of the selected few who did such an exceptional project that they went down to a college to present it in front of NASA professors. 

     When Aqua entered the class room she said hi to her friend Elisabeth and asked her if she had heard what went on with the water fountain. "Yes I did, don't you think it's strange," Elisabeth replied. "Very odd, but my Computer Programming teacher said it could of just been a sudden increase in water pressure," Aqua said as she headed to her seat and sat down. "Maybe," Elisabeth said just as the class quieted down.

     Just like Aqua's other class, Mr. Days instructed the class on what to do for the final then passed out the test. The test was pretty easy for Aqua because Mr. Days had prepared her well for this test, so Aqua finished with 20 minutes to spare. Since pulling out things from her backpack was prohibited, Aqua looked around the room. Her blue eyes landed on the glass beakers next to the sink, they were filled with water probably for another class her teacher had.