The Necklace

After walking through the waterfall Stota entered a whole new world called the 21st century, many years went by and he made his way in this new world. He had gotten a job working at Apple where he climbed to the top of the corporation's ladder. Stota was now the vice president of Apple and everyone knew it by how he dressed and how he acted. Besides getting a job with a really good pay, he raised King Richard and Queen Lucy's daughter Aqua as his own. Stota never told Aqua about her past and never will; it is best that it remains a secret, Stota told himself. Since Stota had to go on lots of business trips he got Aqua a pet, an orange tabby who had mysteriously arrived at their door one day with a collar around its neck that said Firestar, little did Stota know who it really was.
Aqua, now fifteen almost sixteen, is smart both in school and on the street, has a sense of adventure which sometimes gets her in trouble and never backs down from a challenge or when she's threatened. Most people would say she is stubborn, but her friends know her better and this is where Aqua's story begins.
It was a beautiful day on the coast of Coronado, and fifteen-year-old Aqua Frazee was at home studying her geometry packet for tomorrow's finals so she decided to call up her two best friends, Serena and Elisabeth, for a late afternoon swim.
Aqua had met Elisabeth and Serena while playing against them in a volleyball game. Since then the three girls had become very close friends. With the school's finals starting tomorrow Aqua decided to take a break from studying and call over her friends for an afternoon swim.
Ding dong! The doorbell rang and Aqua jumped up from the couch and made her way to the door and opened it for her friends. Two teenage girls gave Aqua hugs after she opened the door. One girl was tall, had dirty blond hair, and way wearing a pink cover-up with bling over her pink and white poka-dotted bikini, this girl was Elisabeth Andrews. She was one of the popular girls at Sun Coast High and a big fashionista. Elisabeth did gymnastics every once and a while and loved it as much as going shopping at the mall. Her dad Frank Andrews was a big business man that made a lot of money just like Stota so most of the time the men got along.
Serina on the other hand had her brown hair tied in a ponytail and was wearing a deep purple tankini, Serina was the prankster in the group. She loved to do anything that involved pranks or jokes. One year she put glue on all the locks of the teachers' rooms so they couldn't get in although she got sent to the principal's office every person in the school (except the teachers) thanked her for making them not go to school that day.
"I'm so glad you invited us over," exclaimed Elisabeth as she walked through the door. "I hadn't had a chance to wear my new swim suit yet and this seemed like a perfect opportunity."
Both Aqua and Serina rolled their eyes; it was so typical of Elisabeth to talk about her clothes. "I'm so glad you guys could make it, I almost thought you wouldn't come due to studying for tomorrow's finals and everything."
"Wait we need to study for the finals?" Serina said.
Typical Serina, thought Aqua, not knowing there was a test coming up. Even if she had known the test was coming up she would not be studying anyway. "Well I for one need to cool off in the pool, who's ready?"
Elisabeth and Serina let out an approving yay, took off their cover ups, and headed for the pool. The three girls brought out their beach towels and set them on the table only a few feet away from the pool. The pool was at least 20 feet long with a small waterfall that led to a cave behind. Aqua's dad had put lots of money into his house and always had it clean just in case he had some company come over at the last minute, and with her dad that was all the time.
Serina walked around to the side of the pool jumped in the air, did a somersault, and landed with a splash. Aqua and Elisabeth did not like jumping in right off the bat like Serina had just done, but liked slowly getting in the water. "Wow the water is super cold," Elisabeth said as she stepped into the water. "It is the beginning of summer," Aqua replied.
"Miss Rubin gave me a big Geometry packet to study last night," Aqua told her friends. "Ugh," said Serina who was never thrilled hearing about homework. "The good thing is I know almost all of it, so passing this final should be a breeze." "What other classes do you have?" Elisabeth asked Aqua. "Well... I have Computer Programming first, then Science and finally English. Geometry is my last class of the day," said Aqua as she hopped out of the pool and walked over to the diving end where she jumped in with a huge splash, soaking Elisabeth.
     Aqua swam to the opposite side of the pool to sit on a rock shaped like a seat by the waterfall. That's when she saw how mad Elisabeth was, "Uh, sorry," she said with a sheepish grin. Elisabeth was so mad at Aqua that she splashed her. Aqua did the same back to her, the girls playfully splashed each other until Elisabeth said uncle.
"Ha ha, winner!" Said Aqua, "I am the Queen and you must all bow in my presence." "Yes your majesty," both Elisabeth and Serina said in unison as they tried to courtesy. All three girls started laughing until Aqua felt something against her foot.
Probably a rock or something, she thought to herself and tried to ignore it. Then she felt it under her foot again, curiosity tugged at her like she was in a tug of war battle, so she decided to see what it was. To Aqua's astonishment it was a blue tear shaped necklace connected to a black string.
"Hey guys, look what I found!" Exclaimed Aqua. Elisabeth and Serina swam to where Aqua was to examine the necklace she had just found. "Wow," breathed Elisabeth, "that is a gorgeous necklace." "It must be a sapphire," added Serina.
As Aqua inspected the necklace she couldn't help but feel like she had seen this before like in a dream or in a dream of a dream.
     Aqua decided to get out of the pool to take a better look at the necklace. She grabbed her robe, tied the string, and headed inside with Elisabeth and Serina following closely behind. Just as the three girls came inside the front door opened up revealing Stota Frazee carrying his briefcase.
"Hey dad," said Aqua as she put the necklace into a pocket in her robe. "Hi darling," said Stota and gave Aqua a hug. "Nice to see you girls." "Nice to see you too Mr. Frazee," said Elisabeth. "Oh girls I just talked to your parents and they're on their way here to pick you up." A car horn honked from outside. "And I guess they're here."
Aqua said her goodbyes and hugged her friends before they left. Then the usual routine started up again. It was about 6 at night so Aqua got the table set for dinner and pulled out some leftovers they had a few days ago. Since Stota was usually never home Aqua had practically raised herself with a little help from their maid Maudie, whom they have had for years. Maudie would come over when Stota had to leave for long trips to keep an eye on Aqua. Now Maudie was like a grandma or older mother to Aqua, way more than just a maid.
After Aqua finished setting the table and declared that dinner was ready they began to dig in. An awkward silence filled the room as they ate which tended to happen more and more as Stota went out on more business trips. "Uhh... I helped the company finish up the last touches on the iPhone 7 plus that is about to come out," said Stota trying to break the silence. "Oh," said Aqua as she continued to eat mindlessly.
"Aqua, I'm leaving for D. C. in the morning and I won't be back for over a week." This took Aqua's attention. "Maudie will be staying with you until I get back." "Ok." "And please tell Serina to refrain from any practical jokes on her. The last time she did one Maudie almost had a heart attack." Aqua giggled, it was true the last time Maudie had stayed with Aqua, Serina had planted gummy worms in her soup and told Maudie they were earthworms she had pulled out of their garden. Of coarse Maudie spit out the soup and screamed until her voice had grown hoarse.
"I'll make sure Serina doesn't do anything too extreme," said Aqua. "Thank you," Stota replied. "Now I'm off to pack. I'm leaving at 5 am so I won't see you before you leave for school. Will you be alright?" "I'll be fine. Just go sell those new phones," said Aqua and punched her dad playfully in the shoulder. "I will. I love you," said Stota as he wrapped his arms around Aqua and gave her a hug before he left to pack.
Aqua stood there for a while, upset that her dad had to leave again. Ever since she could remember Stota was never around, he was always having to go somewhere or see someone. Well I guess that's life, Aqua thought to herself and let out a long sigh.
Aqua studied for another hour then watched her favorite tv show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Her favorite character was Skye a computer hacker, somehow she found her relatable with her mother dead and her father never there. Aqua turned off the tv then headed to her room. She changed into her pj's and brushed her teeth, then hopped into bed. Aqua laid awake stressed about her finals tomorrow and her dad, it only took a short while until she drifted off into a dreamless sleep.
     Beep! Beep! Beep! Rang Aqua's alarm clock at 6:25. "Ugh," Aqua said as she pulled the covers over her head. Beep! Beep! Beep! Went her phone again, "I really need to change that alarm sound." Seeing that she had no choice Aqua hobbled out of bed to get ready. She put on her favorite blue plaid shirt that said 'Ohana means family' from Lilo and Stitch and headed for her bedroom door, but the tear shaped necklace she had found yesterday caught her eye.
Aqua picked it up and put it on, now she was ready to go, except for breakfast. Hearing her stomach growl, Aqua poured a bowl of cereal and checked her phone. While she was eating a knock came from the door, "Who could that be?" Aqua said aloud and walked swiftly to the door.
Maudie's bright and always cheery face greeted Aqua at the door. She was dressed in her usual maid outfit, a simple black dress with a white apron, and carrying a basket and a which was filled with her clothes, some food, and her favorite possessions.
     "Maudie!" Exclaimed Aqua, "It's so great to see you." "Great to see you too love. I see you've grown some since the last time I saw you," said Maudie as she walked inside. Aqua listened to Maudie talk as she finished up her breakfast.
     "Well I hate to go, but I have to get to school," said Aqua as she grabbed her backpack and headed for the door. "Bye, love. See you soon," said Maudie in her light British accent.
     Aqua headed out the door and started her short walk to school. Even though her dad was gone it looked like things were going to go great. That was if everything stayed normal, which was far from what was going to happen to her.

Note: Sorry it took forever to write, but I am very proud of it. I hope all of you like it too. Just so you know I added a cast so it should show up. I'm not quite sure who should act as Aqua so if you have any ideas for me please comment below😀