The Guardian's Camp

The Forbidden, as Firestar called it, spread out for a far as the eye could see. It was beautiful, trees as green as an emerald covered most of the forest, but every once in a while a chipmunk would run up the trunks of the trees or a monarch butterfly would flutter by. The trees hid the blue sky behind their branches and leaves, it would of been completely dark if it wasn't for the hundreds of tiny holes that let a little bit of light in.

     Aqua had never seen anything so beautiful in her whole entire life, this forest almost felt magical. She could live here and never care to see the city again with it's noise, traffic and hundreds of grumpy people.

     Firestar started to head off, so Aqua decided to follow him. She had so m any questions to ask him, but the most pressing one was, "Where are we going?" "Well I was going to throw you in my own private dungeon in my castle, but I though giving you a tour of my world would be more proper." Aqua laughed at Firestar's joke, it felt good to laugh. With everything going on in her life it was hard to find humor in things, except when she was around Serina.

     Aqua and Firestar hiked through The Forbidden Forest for a hour before finally reaching a large cliff edge. It looked far out into the distance, Aqua could see mountains in the horizon and a large river that crossed right in front of a CASTLE! Usually castles in fairy tales were bright and cheery with bright flowers growing and birds chirping , but this was far from it. The castle looked dark with its murky water running under the bridge and all the dead plants thrown everywhere. It seemed like a castle were dead people went to when they died.

     "What is this place?" Aqua asked with a confused look. "That is or was the Lamada kingdom, but it didn't look like this when I left. It was always bright and cheerful, giving people hope even in their darkest hour. But now it looks like a mess," said Firestar looking sadly at the ground. "If the Lamardians kingdom looks like this I bet the Cadars kingdom doesn't look any better."

     Firestar was going to show Aqua around more, but the devastation of the Reynold's home had given Firestar a new motivation to find Darkmoon and figure out what was going on. The two friends headed silently to the Guardian Camp deep within the woods, but when they got there they were met with another demolished village.

     From what Aqua could tell, there once were small houses made out of tree branches and blankets or sheets. Now the whole camp was left deserted for at least a few years with their remaining supplies thrown all over the place and their houses ransacked. In some parts of the camp there were bones scattered about suggesting a battle had occurred when this camp was destroyed.

     Firestar, without uttering a sound went to a specific house that had broken pots on the ground and a hand knitted blanket on the floor. He bent down and picked up the knitted blanket and studied it with a sad face. "Do you know this place?"

     There was a moment of silence before Firestar spoke, "Yes. This was my home." Aqua's face turned a pale color and raged coursed through her veins. How could someone do this? When Firestar had picked up the blanket, a pile of bones had been hidden underneath it. Upon seeing them Firestar started to cry, Aqua knew it had to belong a family member of his.

     Aqua walked over to Firestar embraced him, for a long time they just stood there, Aqua hugging Firestar as he grieved the lost of a loved one. Firestar stopped crying and just stood their with a sad look on his face, but his sadness quickly turned to anger. "I could of been there to help them, to save them," said Firestar with both sadness and anger in his voice. "Firestar if you had been there you could be dead too. Then what, I would never of had you always looking after me and keeping me safe. Weather you believe it or not I think there is a reason you are still alive."