The Years After

---Chapter 1---

***Tris’s POV***

I walk into my apartment after a slow day at work. Since the war ended Tori and I have made amends and are now somewhat friends. Christina has gotten over Will and now is engaged to Uriah. Who would’ve guessed? Even Peter has a girlfriend. Caleb was executed for his crimes. Not a day goes by where I don’t think about my family.  At least I’m lucky enough to have my new family.  

I plop down onto the couch and roll onto my stomach. I bury my face in the couch cushion and hear footsteps approach me and I automatically know who it is.

“Long day?” Tobias asks as he sits down next to my feet. Instead of actually speaking, I just groan.

He chuckles and says, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

“No, it was the opposite,” I say while sitting up. “It was so fricken slow. I fell asleep once and got yelled at.”

He laughs at me. I scowl at him and get up. I start to walk into my bedroom when I feel a hand on my arm. I turn around and look up into Tobias’s deep blue eyes. I love that color so much. I wish I could just get lost in his eyes forever. I’m still staring into his eyes when I hear him distantly saying, “Yoo hoo? Tris? Earth to Tris! Trisy Poo?!”

That snaps me out of it. He knows I HATE it when he calls me Trisy Poo. I take my pocket knife out of my pocket and shove him up against the wall. I hold the pocket knife against his throat.  His eyes instantly widen at me.

“Don’t EVER call me Trisy Poo again!” I scream at him. He sheepishly nods as I let go of him.

“Dang Tris. I was only trying to get your attention! You were just staring at me doing nothing! I tried snapping in your ear, talking to you, and slapping you, but nothing worked!”

“YOU SLAPPED ME!?”

“Um…well…maybe”

My face has an expression of pure fury. Tobias takes a step backwards. “Tris, just calm down. It obviously didn’t hurt and I barely touched you. I’m sorry,” he says while taking another step back.

I take deep breaths. I love Tobias. I don’t want to hurt him. Finally I’ve calmed down enough that I know I won’t hurt him. Sometimes when I’m sleep deprived I turn very violent. “I’m sorry,” I say as I go and hug him.

He hugs me back and I enjoy the feel of his warm embrace. Oh, how I love the feel of his strong arms around me. I sigh when he pulls away.  “You okay?” he asks.

“Mhm. I just like hugging you. You feel so warm and safe,” I say.

“Oh,” he says while making a funny face. I laugh for a couple seconds then yawn.

“Let’s go to bed,” he says. I nod and he picks me up. I bury my face in his shoulder and breathe in his scent. The last thing I remember before falling asleep is him laying down and holding me close.