Chapter 9

Hey! I was bored so I wrote a quick 500 word filler chapter. From now on most of my chapters will probably be this length and I'll update more. Here you go!

***Lunabeth's POV***

My parents' names? Why does it matter who my parents are?! If I tell her she'll know that I'm not an Abnegation member! My mother warned me about her. I know that Six is truly Beatrice Prior. I know that everyone calls her Tris now. Tris is glaring daggers at me because it has been over 10 seconds and I still haven't answered.

I gulp and mutter, "I don't know my father, but my mother is Evelyn Johnson."

Of course I know the first part is a lie. Marcus Eaton is my father, but I will never admit that.

***Tobias's POV***

WHAT!? How is she Evelyn's daughter?!

"You're lying," I say.

"N-no, sir. I'm not. I swear," Lunabeth barely says.

"Yes you are. I know Evelyn and I know that she only had one child."

"That's what everyone thinks. When she left Abnegation she was pregnant with her second child. Me."

"So are you Marcus's daughter too?"

"Sadly, yes I am. He told me that if I didn't tell anyone he was my father that he'd get me into the faction system. I'm begging you to please not tell anyone my secret! He would kill me!"

I see true fear in her eyes and I single tear rolling down her cheek. I look over and see Tris's disgust towards Marcus. She looks at me then nods her head towards Lunabeth. I know what she wants me to do and I do it.

I take two steps forward and wrap my arms around Lunabeth's frail body. She immediately tenses and pushes me away.

"What the hell!? Why are you touching me!?" Lunabeth yells, but not loud enough for anyone inside the room to hear.

"Now," I firmly say, "is that any way to speak to your brother?"

"Brother? How? Marcus said my brother left."

"I did. I left him and transferred to Dauntless. The ultimate betrayal in his eyes."

"Marcus said his name was...I can't remember exactly. It starts with a T. Tony?"

"No."

"Toby?"

"No."

"Tom?"

"No."

"T-t-TOBIAS! That's it!"

I slap my hand over her mouth. "GEEZ! Could you please be any louder!?"

She sticks her tongue out onto my hand and I instantly pull it away. GROSS!

"Well sorry Mr. Grumpy! I was just trying to figure it out and I got excited when I finally got it! So are you really my brother?"

"Show me your right hand."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

She sticks out her right hand and I grab it and flip it so her palm is facing the ceiling. Then I find it. The little birthmark that matches mine. It doesn't really make a shape, it's more of like a blob. At that moment I know she is definitely my sister. I flip my wrist and show her my identical marking.

"Believe me now?" I whisper.

She nods her head and I turn to realize we have an audience. Brendon has been standing there the whole time.

Crap.