Chapter 4

***Tris’s POV***

I scream Tobias’s name as I slip. I hope to God he catches me in time. I’m almost out of reach when I feel an arm on my wrist. I am quickly being pulled up. I look up and see that Peter, not Tobias, has saved me. Why would Peter save me? Where did he even come from!? Great. Now I owe him again. Why didn’t Tobias save me? I am now lying on flat ground. Tobias is kneeling next to me and looking down at me. The next thing I know, I am in his arms being held to his chest. 

“Thank God you’re okay. I’m so sorry I didn’t get to you before him. I thought I lost you. I love you so much and my life would be worthless without you,” he mumbles into my neck, where he has his face buried.

I am panting because I lost all of my air when I screamed. Then I hear the yelling begin. At first I can’t tell who’s yelling, but then I realize it’s Brendon and Peter.

“WHY’D YOU DO THAT PETER!? I HAD IT ALL PLANNED OUT! I PUT THE STUFF THERE TO TRIP HER JUST LIKE WHAT I TOLD YOU MOM SAID TO DO!” Brendon screams.

“BECAUSE SHE DOESN’T DESERVE TO DIE, BRENDON! SHE’S DONE NOTHING SINCE THE WAR EXCEPT MOAP ABOUT HER FAMILY AND GIVE PEOPLE TATTOOS!” Peter screams back.

The next thing I know, Christina is by me and Tobias isn’t. I look up and see him beating Brendon to the ground. Peter pulls him off and Brendon stands back up.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?” Brendon yells while holding his bleeding nose. I hope it’s broken.  

“You seem to have forgotten that we are in an area full of people and you just admitted that you tried to kill your instructor! Not only is it bad enough that you admitted to trying to kill someone, it’s even worse that she’s your instructor! You know what the worst part is for you!?  She’s my girlfriend so you just made me hate you even more! I swear, if you don’t end up rotting in a cell, I will make your life a living Hell!” Tobias threatens.

I try to stand up so I can go calm Tobias down, but Christina is holding me down and won’t let me get up.

“Christina,” I say, trying myself to stay calm, “let me up. I have to go calm him down.”

“No can do, Tris. Sorry, but Four told me to not let you up and he scares me kind of. He scares me more than you do anyways.”

I scowl then sit down for a few moments. I try to clear my head. When I finally think the time is right, I jump out of Christina’s arms and begin to run to Tobias. The next thing I know, everything is black.

***Tobias’s POV starting when Tris slips***

My feet are frozen to the ground in pure terror. Tris has just fallen into the chasm. I am about to try to get her when I am pushed to the side. I look over to see Peter pulling Tris to safety. As much as I wish I could’ve saved her, at least she’s alive now. 

I run over to her, kneel down, and hold her close. I bury my face in her neck and say, “Thank God you’re okay. I’m so sorry I didn’t get to you before him. I thought I lost you. I love you so much and my life would be worthless without you.”

I hear yelling and don’t understand much of it. I do understand one thing though. Brendon is the reason Tris almost died. Christina runs over to Tris and me. I give her quick instructions to keep Tris lying down.

Three seconds later I am beating Brendon to the ground. Peter pulls me off and Brendon stands back up.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?” Brendon yells while holding his bleeding nose. I punched him in such a position it should be broken.  

“You seem to have forgotten that we are in an area full of people and you just admitted that you tried to kill your instructor! Not only is it bad enough that you admitted to trying to kill someone, it’s even worse that she’s your instructor! You know what the worst part is for you!?  She’s my girlfriend so you just made me hate you even more! I swear, if you don’t end up rotting in a cell, I will make your life a living Hell!” I threaten. It’s taking everything I have not to kill him right here, right now. I hear Christina scream as I turn to see Tris collapse into a lifeless heap on the ground, blood pouring from her head.

 :O What did you guys think!? Don't worry, our little Trisy Poo will be just fine. I think. You'd just better hope I don't change my mind. :3 So far out of four pages, wattpad, and fanfiction.net four of you have predicted something true. We'll see who's right within a few chapters! It's almost 4am! xD I do my best writing late at night! Goodnight initiates!