Ch. 76 - Headed to Terminus

KATHRYN'S POV

I walked behind Dad as we followed the tracks to Terminus. I was walking between Carl and Daryl, while Dad and Michonne were walking up front. I was too scared right now to face him after he found out that me and Daryl were obviously doing things he didn't know about, for longer than he probably figured too. "Hey," Daryl said bumping my shoulder with his arm to get my attention. Looking up at him, I know he could see the worry clear on my face. "If it helps he didn't show any signs of anger when he asked and I told him," he said trying to give me a comforting smile. "Helps some," I said before looking ahead at Dad and Michonne, "doesn't help that I kept this all completely from him."

"It'll be okay," Daryl said before nudging my shoulder again. I gave him a weak smile before turning my attention to my little brother beside me. "Hey bud I missed you," I said with a grin as I wrapped my arm around his shoulders. He glared playfully up at me before pushing me away. "Punk," I said before pushing him back, laughing when he stumbles a few steps. "Okay you two," Daryl said before moving to walk between us. Even though I was scared to face my dad with what he just found out about us, I still couldn't surpress the happiness I had when I was with Daryl, so I smiled up at him. Grinning, I pushed him hard enough for him to move then took off running after Dad and Michonne, laughing when I looked back to see the look Daryl was giving me.

RICK'S POV

I looked back when I heard laughter, smiling when I realized it was Kathryn laughing. Daryl was giving her a dumbfounded look while she was trying to keep from falling to the ground. "What's so funny back there," I asked causing her to stop and look at me, the smile not leaving her face. "Nothing Daddy," she said grinning before continuing to walk in the direction we were headed. I waited until she got closer before I continued walking as well, wrapping my arm around her shoulders as we walked once she was beside me. She leaned her head against my shoulder as Daryl and Carl walked up beside us. I glanced over at Daryl to see him looking down at my daughter before looking ahead.

When I looked forwards, I spotted a sign that'd fallen to the ground and was slightly covered in dirt and fallen leaves. Moving away from Kathryn, I walked ahead to the sign before stopping and brushing the debris off with my foot. "We're getting close," Daryl said as he and Michonne stopped beside me, "be there before sundown." "Now we head through the woods," I said motioning to the trees beside us, "we don't know who they are." Daryl and I both looked to Kathryn and Carl after I said there, memories of last night reaching my mind as I thought about what had almost happened to both of my kids.

DARYL'S POV

"Alright," I said before nodding for everyone to follow behind me. Kat ran up to me, walking on my right as we slowly made our way throught the brush in search of Terminus. As we walked, I glanced over at Kat beside me, the happiness that had been on her face and in her eyes gone and replaced by the seriousness of the situation we were now in. "You alright," I asked looking over at her. "Yeah," she said nodding, "just hoping this place doesn't come back to bite us in the ass." "Either way," Rick said walking up to her other side as we'd stopped to talk, "we can take care of ourselves." "I know," she said giving him a weak smile as he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Let's keep moving," Rick said, causing me and her to both nod before moving on, back into the lead as we made our way towards Terminus. Within the hour, we reached the fence that surrounded the train yard turned sanctuary as they were calling it. We stopped at the fence, staring at the place as we waited for Rick to come up with some sort of plan on what to do. "We'll all spread out," he said after a few minutes, "watch for a while to see what we see. We all stay close." We all nodded before splitting into groups. It was me and Kat, Michonne and Carl, and Rick by himself. We set out, watching the area before grouping back up close to sundown with the verdict.

KATHRYN'S POV

When we grouped back up, Dad had dug a small hole and was placing the bag of guns inside of it. "Just in case," he said looking up at Daryl and me when we stopped a few steps from him, "and Kathryn I don't want you going in there." "What," I all but screeched, "why!?" "I agree with him," Michonne said walking up behind me, "say things go bad in there, I saw how you acted last night. I don't know everything that happened to you before I joined your group in the prison, but I have a feeling that's a pretty big thing." "I agree as well," Daryl said from beside me and causing me to step away from him, "if everything goes well, we'll come back out here and get you. If not, I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm not a kid," I said but was stopped by Daryl. "I nearly lost you once already in the past few hours Kathryn," he all but shouted at me, "I won't lose you now. I've lost you enough times before that." I looked up at him, the other three silent as they watched me and Daryl, fighting back the tears that wanted to fall. "Fine," I said before turning my back to him and the others as a tear slowly slipped down my cheek. "Everything will be okay," Dad whispered behind me before I felt him place a kiss on the back of my head. When I turned to look at them as they walked away, Daryl was looking back at me with an apologetic look on his face. "Go," I mouthed to him before trying to smile as he turned and walked away with Dad, Michonne, and Carl.

So I may not update Friday or Sunday because I'm going on vacation soon and really excited about it. I'll try and update but no promises because I'll be getting ready for my week long vacation.
- Kenz