Ch. 101 - Deanna's Visit

DARYL'S POV

I watched as slowly, Kat's face began to turn red when she realized what she just said to her father. "I can not believe I just said that out loud," she said as she lowered her head and covered her face in her hands. I looked up at Rick in time to see him clear his throat before walking back inside without a look back. "I don't think he can believe you said that out loud either," I said placing my hand on her back and rubbing it up and down in a soothing motion as she remained hunched over.

"I'm just going to go on in and get a good shower then head over to Aaron's," she said with a sigh as she stood up and slowly walked off. I just sat there, not sure whether I should join her after her basically announcing it to her dad accidentally or just stay where I was. I mean, he's known for a little while now about me and Kat, he figured it out on his own and asked me about it. So I don't think he's dumb enough not to realize that there's other things going on with us, kind of comes with the territory for being involved with someone. But either way, I decided it'd be best this time to let her have the shower to herself.

KATHRYN'S POV

I stayed in the shower longer than I really needed to. I just couldn't force myself to leave. My mind was stuck on what I had said in front of Dad about me and Daryl. And then there was the fact that I was going to spend the night at my cousin's, wow never thought I'd be able to say that normal sentence again, and I still didn't know how to tell him that I was romantically involved with a man who's old enough to be my father. I still don't know how he hasn't noticed it when apparently Deanna has.

When I finally walked out of the bathroom, all dressed with a small bag that held more clothes for me to wear tomorrow when I woke up, I spotted Dad and Michonne talking about something and Daryl was sitting on the other side of the room with Judy in a little play pin. Smiling, I walked over to say bye to them, bending down and picking Judy up once I was next to them. "Are you really going to go spend the night with your cousin," Daryl asked as he peered up at me from where he sat.

"Why are you going to miss me not being next to you while I'm gone," I asked with a smirk while I placed Judy on my hips. All I got was a humph in return before the sound of knocking had everyone on edge as we looked towards the door. I watched as Dad opened the door, revealing Deanna. Judging from her facial expression, and dad groaning as he looked away, I take it she said something about him with a clean shaven face and shorter hair. Holding back a giggle, I turned back to the play pin and placed Judy in it before looking back to Dad and Deanna.

"It's absolutely amazing to me," I heard Deanna say as she looked around at all of us while I felt Daryl move closer to stand behind me, "how people with completely different back grounds and absolutely nothing in common can come together and become a family, much like yours has." "Everybody said you gave them jobs," Dad said. "Yeah," she said nodding as she looked around at us all, "its a part of being here." "Well you didn't give me one," he said as he looked down at her.

"Oh but I have," she said smiling up at him, "I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in on something for Sasha. I have a pretty good idea on what I want to have Kathryn do. And I'm just trying to figure Mr. Dixon out, but I will." "Good luck," I whispered with a snigger, earning a small chuckle from Daryl beside me. I watched as she said one final thing to Dad before turning and walking out the door. I said my final goodbye to Daryl before walking over to Dad.

"You heading out," he asked looking down at me when I reached him and Michonne. "Yeah," I said nodding, "told Aaron I'd meet him at his house once we were all settled in and all." "I'll see you tomorrow then," he said giving me a hug before walking past me and into the living room with the others. I glanced back once before turning and walking out the front door, making my way to the house my cousin said he was staying in with Eric.