Ch. 113 - Not Used to this Drama

KATHRYN'S POV

I watched that night as Dad placed the man he said he once knew into the house that was like a jail, saying it had to be done for right now. I had learned not to question him, not anymore anyway. But I couldn't sleep any that night. I laid awake, Daryl's arm around me as he slept behind me. After everything that happened, and having Daryl behind me while I still haven't told him about me, I just couldn't get my head to shut off. Sighing, I carefully moved Daryl's arm from around me before easing my way out of bed.

Changing back into the clothes I wore before bed, I snuck my way out of the bedroom and then out of the house. Everything was dark outside, and quiet. It was so different than when everyone was outside during the day. Making my way down the street, I stopped at the steps to one house. Looking up at it, I took a deep breath before climbing the stairs and knocking on the door. I waited a few moments before the door finally opened, revealing who I wanted to talk with.

"Hey what's wrong," Aaron asked when he opened the front door to his place and seeing me out on his steps. "I've got a lot on my mind and I could really use someone to talk to," I said looking up at him. "Come on in," he said stepping out of the way and motioning for me to enter his house. "Thanks Aaron," I said as I walked passed him. "What's wrong that has you awake at this point in time," he asked once we were both in his house and the door was shut.

"We haven't been able to connect like most cousins," I said as I looked down at my feet, "but you're family and I need someone I can trust with what I need to get off my chest. Only two other people know what's bothering me." "Why not tell Rick," he asked as I looked up at him. It's a reasonable question, but I can't say anything to him, not yet. "I will when it's time to," I said, "but right now I can't. Especially not with everything that's going on right now." "What's got you bothered Kathryn," Aaron asked as he wrapped his arms around me when it seemed like I was going to break. "I'm pregnant," I whispered out.

DARYL'S POV

"Have y'all seen Kat," I asked as I walked down the stairs to find Rick, Carl, Michonne, and even little Judith down there but no Kathryn. "She's not upstairs," Michonne asked looking at me strangely. "No," I said shaking my head, "she was gone when I woke up this morning." "Maybe she went on to the school to get stuff set up," Carl suggested as he looked around at all of us. "Nah y'all have a break from school today," I said shaking my head before the sound of the front door opening and closing caught our attention.

"Hi," Kat said when she walked into the kitchen and spotted everyone looking at her. "Where've you been," Rick asked as her face seemed to flush at seeming to have been scolded by her dad. "Sorry," she said, "I couldn't sleep last night and didn't want to bother anyone so I took a walk. Found myself at Aaron's and before I knew it, the sun was up." "Everything alright," Rick asked as he looked worriedly at his daughter. "Yeah," she said with a smile, "just a lot going on since we arrived is all. I'm used to it being less dramatic when we're somewhere like this." "We all are," Michonne said with a smile.

"I'm going out to work on my bike," I said looking to Kat, "you coming?" "Yeah," she said with a smile as she followed me out the door to where I had it parked on the curb in front of the house. "You sure you're alright," I asked after a few minutes when I glanced at where she sat on the curb. "Yeah," she said with a smile, "I promise." "Kathryn," I heard someone call out, causing me and her to both look over to see Glenn and Maggie walking towards us. "Glenn," she said jumping up and running to him as she placed her hands on his face, "what happened to you?"

KATHRYN'S POV

"I'm okay Kathryn," Glenn said smiling at me as I continued to fuss over his face. I continued to look at the cuts and bruises on his face before noticing the bandage that was sneaking out from under his shirt. "Kathryn," he said as he quickly grabbed my hands and caught my attention, "I'm okay. But we came to let you know that Tara's awake." "She's awake," I asked smiling, "can I go see her?" "Yeah we'll take you," Maggie said smiling over at me. I quickly looked back at Daryl. "Go on," he said with a nod of his head. "I'll be back later," I said running to kiss him before leaving with Maggie and Glenn.