Ch. 90 - Beth

RICK'S POV

I looked to Michonne as we set to work in securing the church. Daryl had arrived back late last night with some boy, informing us on what had happened to Kathryn in the city. When I looked to Michonne, she was looking off to my left. Looking over my shoulder, I realized she was looking at Carl. "He wants to go to Atlanta," I said before looking back to her, "but I can't have that." "Then stay," she said, "I'll go in your place." "I can't," I said shaking my head, "that's my daughter."

"She's Carl's sister too you know," she said, "he wants to help get her back." "But I need him here to look after Judy," I said before glancing back over at Carl, "we're only taking a few people and Daryl's already said he's going. Well he has to anyway since he knows where we're going." "You taking that boy with you," she asked. I glanced over her shoulder to where Daryl and the kid he'd came back with were standing. "He knows these people best," I said nodding. "Just make sure you come back with her," Michonne said before we went in to finish getting ready.

DARYL'S POV

We'd finished fortifying the church and were saying our goodbyes. I watched as Rick hugged Carl in the door. "Bring her back Dad," he said when he pulled away from Rick and looked up at him. "We'll bring them both back," Rick said nodding before turning and walking out to join me and the others who were going to head back to Atlanta to get both Beth and Kat back from the people at the Hospital that had them.

It was just five of us going; Rick, Sasha, Tyreese, Noah, and myself. We had to leave Lil Ass-Kicker, Carl, Carol, and Michonne behind with the preacher because we couldn't take the little one with us and Rick didn't want to loose anymore children. I sat in the driver's seat, Rick beside me in the passenger's seat, as we headed back to Atlanta. I glanced over Rick as we drove, I could see the worry there on his face in regards to his daughter. "We'll get her back," I said causing him to look at me, "we'll get them both back and our group will be complete again."

KATHRYN'S POV

I could hear a faint sound, it sounded like a ticking clock. I felt completely numb as I sat in the blackness that surrounded me. I barely remembered what happened before I found myself here. Through the numbness, I could feel one thing that gave away that I was not yet dead, a needle in my arm. The more the clock ticked, the more I began to feel my surroundings again. And slowly the heavy weight that'd been holding my eyes closed was lifting its hold. The ticking got louder as I slowly awoke, drowsy and disoriented. I felt myself move my head, my eyes trying to open but quickly shutting because it seemed too bright even with the lights off.

I could hear shuffling somewhere in the room with me before something grabbled my left hand. "Kathryn," a small and seemingly far away voice called out, "are you awake?" I groaned in response before trying to open my eyes again, and this time succeding in keeping them open. All I could see so far were blurry shapes, but slowly my vision cleared, and standing there before me was my friend from the farm, Beth.

Hey guys I apologize ahead of time for this being shorter than planned. I didn't get to finish it today and almost didn't want to. A dog I'd had for 13 years died this morning and I had to bury her. Anyone who views their pets they way I do, can understand why I am so upset right now. On top of that I'm trying to get a job so my attention is every where right now. Hopefully Friday's update will be longer.
- Kenz