Chapter 6

Chapter 6 ♥ 

In the car ,Cameron let me choose the station.It landed on "Half of My Heart" by John Mayer and Taylor Swift. 

"Oh,half of my heart's got a grip on the situation.Half of my heart takes time" I sang beautifully

"Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you that I can't keep loving you,oh,with half of my heart!"Cameron joined.

He was actually pretty good at singing.He smiled at me and drummed on the steering wheel.We sang together till the song ended and I couldn't stop giggling at his facial expressions

"Your cute when you giggle,Lina"he whispered shyly turning to look at me biting his lip.He gazed at me sweetly.

"Keep your eyes on the road ,Mister" I playfully added patting his cheek.I pulled my knees up to my chest and pulled out Robbie's phone.

1New Message!

From:Jaimee♥

I had fun  last night ;)...

My cheeks flared.It was exactly what I didn't want to happen.I turned the phone off and threw it back in my bag.

"What was that for?" he predicted "Some jerk text you?"

"If you want to put it that way.."I mumbled

"Don't worry,we are going somewhere special, trust me"Cameron reassured

I put my headphones in and fell asleep.When woke up Cameron was pulling into a parking lot.

"Hey sleepyhead"he tapped my shoulder "We're here" he grinned.

He gathered a couple of things in front of him and I noticed a ring.

"Your ring.."I started "Where did you get it?"

He look down and his eyes softened.

"Oh this old thing"he grinned "it was my dad's"he sighed

I put my hand on top of his and he looked down

"I'm so sorry.."I whispered

"Yeah,me too.."he gritted his teeth "It was a car accident..this was his favorite place"

I leaned my head on his shoulder and he rubbed his eyes.He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the drivers side opening the door.We jumped out and he kicked off his shoes and I ditched my sandals.He led me in front of him and wrapped his arms around me resting his chin on my shoulder.

I looked out at the rolling waves that crashed and retracted.The breeze chilling the air ,his arms keeping me warm and we just walked alongside the water.It was a special moment to remember his dad.He held my head in his hands and kissed me,deep like the night of the party.It sent tingles all over.This was perfect.We finally sat down and let the waves rush up to our feet.Cameron began to break down.

"I miss him,Lina"he cried "He was my everything.."

I couldn't say anything.I just sat there.I felt useless.I wanted to say something but I couldn't.It hurt me to see him like that.

"You know.."I stuttered "My mom's gone too"

He looked up and his eyes were irritated and red.

"Yeah..It was,um cancer"I whispered "Miserable way to die,I know"

"How long ago?"Cameron sniffled

"Um ,actually last year"

"I'm sorry"he sighed "Mine was five years ago"

He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go"he said grabbing my hand

 Cameron dropped me off at my house and I ran upstairs to my room.I pulled the phone out of the bag.It was 9:35pm.I dialed my number.It rang three times.Then Robbie answered.

"Hello.."groaned a groggy voice