Chapter 12

Chapter 12 ♥

We arrived at the beautiful beach.The sun was blazing and people were laying around and playing in the water.Robbie and I went about our own.

"I need to talk to you, Lina"he sighed

I smiled at him and walked over.I softly twined my fingers with his.His family set up in the sand and we walked  toward the grey docks with waves crashing against them.I shuffled the warm sand through my toes and Robbie walked closest to the foamy water.

"You know I graduated already, Lina"he sighed

"Yeah"I agreed

"Well.."he continued kicking the sand "It's summer and I don't have a lot of time left until I start college"

"Your point?"I tried to diverge the subject and swung my hair over my shoulder.

"I can't stay here"he stopped and looked at me

"Robbie.."

"I know Lina.We haven't had much time, but we have a few weeks left and I wan't to spend them with you"

"Why can't you find a college closer by?"I questioned

"Look,it's not that easy.I come from a family of high expectations and you can see that"

"It's fine.I get it.I'm in the way of your whole life."I shot back

"No,Lina your not in the way.You're part of it,but my whole life can't be around you"he let go of my hand

The breeze whipped my hair dancing with the wind and chilling my cheeks rose.

"I just want you to worry about other things,you know"he mumbled

"Not like seeing other people,right?"

"I can't tell the future Lina, but I'm sure I won't be"he took a step and I slowly followed

"Where are you going to go?"I asked curiously

"Just out of state,a border away"he smiled at me

"Will you web cam me then?"

"Stop.We have about 15 more days,let's not worry about that"

"You'll be packing,buying,and busy,Robbie"I pointed out

"You can be with me"he offered

The conversation ended but I wasn't quite satisfied.The guy I met about one week ago walking home from the basketball court won my heart.Just like I planned not to happen.It could have been fate.It could have been destiny but not every love story has a happy ending.Let alone do I know if he'll ever see me again.Always remember no one will ever love you quite the way you want them to.You just have to let them do their best.That day I let go of all my worries and I wanted to make those 15 days last forever.

We walked back toward the beginning of the beach in silence.They were already packing up and piling in to the car.Nate and Robbie raced to the Mustang and his mom walked over to me.

"Hey.I know this is tough on you but we both have the same amount of time left with him"she sighed

I smiled at her.I could feel the pep talk coming.Just like my mom used to do.Maybe I always beat myself up is because I never have a mother figure around. My bestfriend is perfect and has no worries so that makes me feel much more alone because she tries to help but it's not the same.Expecially the banana situation.

"Robbie really likes you"she smiled

"Yeah.I'm probrably not the first"I joked

She frowned at me.

"Why would you say that?"

"Robbie's perfect.I can't imagine how many girlfriends he's had"I analized

"Well hunnie,you should be shocked because your the first"she grinned

"Really..?"my jaw dropped

"I'm not a liar"she rubbed my shoulder and picked up a few beach chairs and piled them into the trunk

I hopped in shotgun in Robbie's blue convertible Mustang and we drove back as the sun set.Nate passed out in the backseat and we followed his parent's car all the way back.