2~ Welcome to Mount Weather

And here I am, once again, laying in a bed. This time in the hospital ward. Clarke lies next to me, the nurse stitching up her arm.

Bandages covered the rips in my arms from the IV's. Clarke and I haven't said a word to anyone since they took us here. 

The nurse dips some sort of brush into a clear liquid and runs the brush over Clarke's stitches. She then takes some bandages and wraps them around Clarke's arm. The nurse grabs a few things from the little table next to Clarke's bed and exits the room. I wait until I can't hear the click of the nurse's heels to speak. 

"I don't like it here." I whisper. 

"Me neither." Clarke answers. "We need to get out."

"How? I haven't seen a door or anything to the outside." I say. "And we don't even know where we are."

Just as I finish the sentence the door opens once again. In walks two men, both in khaki pants, a white button up shirt with a black tie tucked into a blue sweater. On the breast of the blue sweaters was a badge looking thing. What the badges said was unreadable. Following the two men, is an older man. He's wearing a pale blue suit and a matching tie. His hair, or what's left of it, is gray. Following the older man is the girl we basically threatened to kill earlier. She walks in, hesitantly, and stands a little behind the man. 

"Maya has something to say." The older man says, looking towards the girl.

The girl, Maya, turns to Clarke. "You were the next one to be cleared, another ten minutes and you would have-"

"Ahem." The older man interrupts her rambling.

"I'm not pressing charges." Maya says, her head dropping a little.

"Thank you, Maya." The man says, smiling widely.

His smile slowly creeps me out the longer I stare at it. 

"Okay, let's go." The man says, once Maya had exited the ward. 

The two men that had arrived with the older one approach us, grabbing Clarke and I by our arms and getting out handcuffs.

"No," The older man stops them. "Restraints aren't necessary."

"Yes, Mr. President." The guy holding my arm says.

The guy drops my arm and the older man opens the door to the hospital and exits, us following.

"Dante Wallace." The older man introduces himself.

We both just stare at him, not budging.

"Not much of talkers I see." Dante says, folding his arms together. "Your people say that you two are their leaders."

"Where's my watch?" Clarke demands.

"I'm sorry, but we can't let contaminated items inside Mount Weather." Dante says. 

Mount Weather. The place we so desperately needed to get to when we landed here. Now, I'm glad we never arrived here. This place gives me a bad feeling. 

"Our protocol is very strict." Dante continues. "We prioritize safety over sentimentality."

"How many of us are here?" I ask, my face showing pure hatred towards the man.

"48, including you two." Dante says. "You're not prisoners. We saved you."

"Well, if that's the case, then you won't mind if we leave." I say, as we continue to walk down the long, never-ending hallway.

"If there are 48 of us here, we still have people out there." Clarke finishes for me.

"The patrol brought in everyone they could find." 

We turn down a hallway and into a room. A large room, that isn't white for a change. Instead, it has an older feel. A book shelf lines the wall, filled with books. There's no bed, but two couches. 

"We want to see our people." I say, looking at Dante. 

"Of course." Dante nods. "Change and meet me in the hall."

Two women bring in a dresser. They halt it in front of Clarke and I and then open both of the doors to it. On each side are clothes. Shirts, pants, skirts, dresses. On the bottom are shoes. Heels, sneakers, boots. And on the doors are jewelry. Necklaces, bracelets, earrings. 

"Come on." Dante nods to the two officers next to him. "Let's give Tatum and Clarke some privacy."

The next thing we heard is the shutting of the door and then...silence.

"We're getting out of here." I say, as I examine the dresser of clothes. I grab a pair of black jeans, a grey shirt and a leather jacket. I grab a pair of combat boots as well, they resemble my old ones. 

"There was a door." Clarke begins as she throws on a t-shirt. "At the end of that hallway we were walking down. I think we can get out there."

I slip on my jeans and pull on my shirt. "What about everyone else?"

Clarke stops and looks over at me. "I don't know yet."

I slip my arms through the sleeves of my jacket and tie the laces on my boots.

"Let's go. The sooner we shake of Dante, the sooner we can get out of here." Clarke says, reaching for the door and walking out. I follow her. 

"Sorry about the noise." Dante says, referring to the machine hum surrounding us. "Hydroelectric power from philpott dam. Fresh water from our underground reservoir. Fresh food from our hydroponic farm." 

"Why don't you just go outside? It's perfectly survivable." I question.

"It's not survivable for us." Dante says. 

"The Grounders seem to have managed." Clarke says.

"The Grounders who couldn't survive in the radiation didn't. Those who could passed on their DNA. For better or for worse here, we never went through that process." Dante explains.

"Well, neither did we." I argue. "We've been on the ground now for-"

"Solar radiation." Clarke interrupts.

"Very good." Dante congratulates Clarke. "Your DNA ran the same gauntlet as the Grounders. Only because radiation levels in space are even higher, your ability to metabolize that radiation is even stronger. Truth be told, our scientists were blown away by the efficiency of your systems. If not for that, your friends would still be upstairs in quarantine."

We come upon a set of wooden double doors. 

"Your friends are in there." Dante says, walking away from us. Dante stops and turns to us. "Welcome to Mount Weather."

"Welcome my ass." I mumble, grabbing the doorknob and pushing the doors open.