8~ Human Trials

I look between Clarke, Bellamy, Octavia and Raven as we all stand in Raven's room.

"Finn's looking for Clarke?" I ask, my hands gripping the side of the wooden table separating all of us from each other. 

"Yeah, he was convinced the Grounders had you." Octavia answers. 

"He's gonna do something stupid." Bellamy says. "When we captured a Grounder he went crazy. Shot him in the head for no reason at all."

"We need to find him." Clarke demands. 

"Abby'll never let us out of here." I say.

"Not if I can help it." Raven interrupts. "I can get Wick to shut down the electric gates and you can sneak out the back."

I smirk...time to get the knives. 

***

We all stand at the back of Arkadia. People moving around normally. I grip my knife in my hand as Raven waits for Wick to give her the signal that the fence is off. 

"Tatum," Bellamy whispers walking to the back of the weapons hut we were standing near. "While you were gone, I made this." He reaches in the back and pulls out a slick black bow and arrow. "It's for you." He hands it to me and I grab it, my fingers running over the wood of it. In the side, my name is carved into the black wood, with Bellamy right under it. 

"I love it." I gasp, running my fingers up and down the back. "But I don't know if I'm any good." 

"Try." Bellamy suggests. He points to a tree a couple yards away. I nock the arrow and grab the arrow string, pulling backwards. I squint and focus on the bark of the tree. Then...I let go. The arrow sours through the air, catching perfectly on the wood of the tree. "You're a natural." Bellamy smirks. He hands me the arrows and I place them in an arrow bag that I now have strapped around my shoulders.

"Okay," Raven says. "The gates off."

Octavia goes first, followed by Clarke. They squat and crawl under a section of the barbed wire gate that was divided heavily. Bellamy waits for me to go. I walk forward, dropping to my hands and knees and crawling under it. Once I'm out of Arkadia, I take off sprinting after Clarke and Octavia, into the woods. 

***

Loud constant bangs is what made my feet hit the ground faster. Bellamy is a couple steps in front of me, Clarke seems like miles ahead of me, Octavia a little behind me. The bangs get louder with every step and with every step the sight of the village gets larger. 

"What the hell is going on?" I yell over the bangs.

"Finn." Is all Bellamy says before we run upon the village. 

The constant bangs have pushed my ears to their limits. My ears begin ringing but I ignore it, putting one foot in front of the other. 

The sight I run upon is something that I would have never thought I'd see come out of Finn Collins. His gun kept firing as one by one Grounders fall dead to the ground. 

"FINN!" I scream, even though I can't hear my own voice. I run forward, attempting to stop him. Bellamy dives in front of me, grabbing me into a sort of hugging position, shielding me from stepping any further. Then I realized. Bellamy is shielding me because Finn has gone completely crazy. If I had kept running, I could've been shot. 

Then the bangs stop, my ears continue to ring. 

"I found you." Was all Finn Collins can say as his gun lowers and Murphy stands, shocked, next to him. 

___________________________________

This was a REALLY fast and short chapter partially because Tatum doesn't really have much to do with the events that happened in Tondc so I wanted to just touch on it briefly. Anyway...continue reading to find out the rest of Bellamy and Tatum's journey!

XOXO.