19~ Caught Up in a Dream

I feel the scratchy lace against my skin as my feet automatically move forward through the dark, dim thickly-treed forest. I look down at myself, noticing I can't control my walking. I'm wearing a long white, v-neck dress. White laced flowers trace all along the neckline. My feet hurt like hell, that's when I notice I'm not wearing any shoes. The dead leaves crumble under my feet as I reach out for something to steady myself as I attempt to put as little pressure on my feet as possible. I grab tree after tree, trying to desperately slow my pace. The further I go into the forest the darker it gets. It finally gets to the point where I can barely see my hands out in front of me. 

I can't see my feet due to the heavy veil of the dress. I try to think of where I could have gotten this dress. Clarke didn't lend it to me. No one has nice clothes like this anymore. I don't think I've ever owned a piece of clothing this nice. 

Suddenly, with a lot of force, I feel my feet trip over something heavy. I reach out trying to catch myself but there's nothing there and I fall straight to the ground. I feel my hands get scratched as they brush against the hard leaves and sticks. I groan out and sit up, trying to see what I had tripped over. Something dark lies beneath the long white veil of my dress. I grab the end of my dress and push it over, trying to get a better look of what is there. 

And then I felt like throwing up. Loud sobs escape my lips uncontrollably, tears spilling. Below me a dead Bellamy lies, a large wound on his chest, which is still bleeding. 

"Bellamy!" I cry out, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him up to me. "Wake up!" I yell, shaking his lifeless body. "Bellamy, stop playing with me!" I yell, my words getting masked by my sobs. I bring Bellamy to my chest, holding his large body against mine as my body shakes from the crying. 

And then, Bellamy was gone. I look down at my hands. Blood drips from them, spilling onto my dress. Splatters of Bellamy's dark blood seep into my dress. The emptiness finally filling me up as I get to my feet trying to run. 

"Bellamy." I croak, grabbing onto a tree next to me. I attempt to start running but end up stumbling over my own feet as I'm blinded by tears. 

"Tatum." A voice floats around me. 

"Bellamy!" I scream, continuing to attempt running towards the voice. 

"Tatum!" The voice comes again. 

All around me the forest begins to dissolve, disappearing. 

"Tatum." The voice gets clearer. 

And then I'm awake. Bellamy hovers over me, worry clear on his face, shaking me. I look around and see that I'm lying in our bed in our room on the Ark. 

"Oh, Bellamy." I cry grabbing him and pulling him into a hug. 

"What happened?" Bellamy asks, concerningly.

"I had the most awful dream..." I trail off, tears beginning to form. My hands trail up from his neck to his hair, running my hands through his dark curls, almost not believing I was holding him, alive and breathing. "You...you were dead." I mumble.

"I'm right here, Tatum." Bellamy sighs, dropping down and lying next to me. "I'm right here." He repeats pulling me into him. His large hands trail circles around my back, attempting to calm me down. "Let's try to get some more sleep. It's only two in the morning."

I nod, pushing my face into his neck and inhaling his smell. I feel his warm heart beating loudly in his chest and close my eyes. I shortly find out that I probably won't meet sleep again tonight, but the fact that Bellamy is next to me, alive and breathing, is all I could ask for.

_____________________

Sorry this chapter is so short guys! I just wanted to show everyone how Finn's death impacted Tatum. Thanks and keep reading!