30~ Trash Chute

Blood covers everything in sight. Blood splatters cover the walls, the floor...the bodies. I kick one of the dead guards arm over as I attempt to step over him. 

"We need to clean this up." I announce. "We don't need anyone walking in here and finding...this."

Jasper turns to me, "They're gonna come in hotter next time. You do know that, right?"

I sigh loudly, "I know. We just have to defend the floor until Bellamy finds a way out."

A loud beeping noise feeds through the speakers in the ceiling as a loud voice comes through. "This is President Cage Wallace talking to the people who just killed twenty five of my men."

"Jasper." Monty says, running into the mess hall with a monitor in his hands. He shoves the monitor over to Jasper as Cage continues speaking. 

"I thought we'd try a little something different this time."

On the monitor, Maya, in a yellow oxygen suit, is being shoved down the halls of level 5. "There's only 20 minutes of oxygen in Maya's suit. I know she's a friend of yours." Cage says. I can almost hear the smirk in his voice. "Twenty minutes...your friend will either suffocate or burn." He chuckles lightly. "But you can save her...all you have to do is surrender." The beeping noise comes again and the speakers turn off. 

"Jasper," I mumble, looking over at the shocked boys' face. And then he takes off...shoving everyone in sight as he runs off towards Maya. 

I look over at Monty before we both go chasing after him. 

As we turn the last corner we see Jasper and Maya talking in hushed voices. We run over. 

"Listen to me," Maya says grabbing all of our attention. "Fox is okay. Bellamy saved her."

My heart skips a beat at the sound of his name. 

"He's gonna get some guns in here through the trash chute."

"If we can get guns in, we can get you out." Jasper interrupts. 

"No. We can't." Monty corrects. "I dismantled the chute. I'm sorry, I didn't think we'd be trying to open it ourselves."

I look over, worriedly, at Jasper. 

"But I think I can fix it." Monty finishes. I sigh loudly. "Thank God." I whisper. "Go." I say to Monty. Monty takes off in the opposite direction, back towards the mess hall.

***

I stand by the trash chute, holding Maya's right arm as Jasper is holding her left. We're preparing ourselves to basically shove her down the trash chute once it opens...if it opens. Monty's been working frantically for the past 15 minutes and now we're down to 19 on Maya's oxygen suit. 

"Come on Monty." I mumble, lightly tapping my feet.

Suddenly, something loud comes banging down the trash chute. 

"Oh shit." I mumble, my worse fear coming to light. I let go of Maya's arm and arm my gun, cocking it. The door to the trash chute pushes outward and I aim my gun right at the person's face. 

"Tatum!" Bellamy yells. 

"Bellamy?" I ask shocked. 

"It's me." He says, putting his hands up in surrender. I drop my gun and want to run into his arms and embrace him but my mind tells me no. "Maya go." I yell. I grab her arm and basically yank her out of Jasper's grasp, throwing her down the trash chute. "Jasper, go with her!" I yell looking at his awe struck face. Jasper hops in the trash chute and follows Maya. Bellamy looks at me and then back at the trash chute. "Come on." He says.

"Bellamy, I can't leave the rest of our people here alone." I say, sadly. 

Bellamy swallows hard, obviously debating with himself. "Get them all to the trash chute in two minutes. I'll be back here and we're gonna get them off this level." 

I smile widely as Bellamy turns to follow Maya and Jasper. Just as he is about to go back in he turns and grabs my face, demanding my lips on his. I don't have much time to react before he pulls away and is down and out of my sight. 

I stay, frozen in my spot for just a moment. I bring my fingertips to my lips, brushing them against them.

And then, just like that, I'm back focused. "Okay people listen up!"

Everyone stops what they're doing and turns to me. 

"Bellamy is going to be here in less than two minutes so I need everyone lined up at the trash chute ready to go. Bring weapons." I say. Everyone immediately reacts, grabbing the nearest thing to them and running towards the trash chute. "Single file." I demand. They listen to me and line up one behind the other. 

And just like he never left, Bellamy appears back at the entrance to the trash chute. He climbs out, giving everyone space to go through. Bellamy pushes the first person in and tells everyone to count to ten before they follow that person. He walks over to me. 

He dips his head low to be right next to me. "They're coming." 

"Shit." I mumble. "How long do we have?" I question watching as everyone slowly jumps down the trash chute. We still have about 40 to go. 

"Maybe three minutes. I'm pretty sure they're in the elevator."

"Bellamy you need to go." I say, slightly pushing him towards the trash chute. 

"I'm not leaving you here." He demands, his eyes turning cold. 

"We don't have enough time to get everyone through." I say, my eyes softening.

"Then we speed up." Bellamy turns away from me and towards the rest of the people. "Alright everyone, just start going right after the person in front of you. We don't have time to wait."

An immediate reaction radiates through the crowd as they start going in one after the other. Bellamy and I are the last ones in line, pushing everyone forward as we hear the elevator ding, signaling that the guards have made it to this floor. Their loud footsteps echo throughout the, mostly empty, floor as they sprint towards the mess hall. The last delinquent jumps down the trash chute and I look over at Bellamy. 

"Tatum, go." He says.

"No, Bellamy." I say, standing my ground. "You go first."

But before I can ever prosper what is happening, I'm falling down the trash chute. I gasp as I come in contact with a pillowy surface and don't even realize I had squeezed my eyes shut the whole way down. 

"Tatum, open your eyes." A voice like an angel whispers. 

I open my eyes and Bellamy's face is two inches away from mine. "I'm sorry about pushing you." He begins. "But I just couldn't lose you. Not now. Not ever."

I smile and slam my lips against his, craving his touch. Our lips move in sink, like two puzzle pieces finally coming together. 

"Ehmm." A fake cough comes from the other side of the room I have yet to realize we're in. "Can you two like get a room?" A smiling Jasper sarcastically says. 

I laugh loudly, "Where are we?" 

Maya steps forward, her suit off and looking better. "My home."