18~ Blood Must Have Blood

"What is that?" Raven asks, her hands shaking as Clarke, Raven, Bellamy, the rest of the Sky People, and I stand behind the electricity filled gates of Arkadia and watch the Grounders set up a large wooden steak.

"It's for Finn." Clarke says, her voice barley above a whisper.

Bellamy's figure stiffens. "We're gonna get him." His eyes shift over to me, his hands reaching out for me, like he needs something to hold onto, something to reassure him. "We'll get in close and hit them hard."

"Son..." Kane begins. "there's thousands of them."

I press my back against Bellamy as I hold his hands in mine, watching the Grounders prepare for Finn's execution. Bellamy's face rests on the top of my head.

Kane continues, "Even if we could kill hundreds, they'd still wipe out this camp and your friend would still die."

"We have to try." I say, hope slowly starting to dissolve from my voice. "Abby." I croak, my voice breaking.

"Abby, we have to do something." Raven agrees, her voice quiet.

"There's nothing to be done." Abby says, her head dipping low and turning to talk to Kane quietly.

Clarke's fist ball up her anger and sadness radiating off of her like a fragrance, effecting all of us. I watch as her body slowly physically starts giving out. The pain she must be going through at this moment is something I hope to never feel. Out there at that camp, someone she loves very much is about to be killed. The thought of that makes me clutch Bellamy's hand harder, him doing the same to me. I lean my head back on Bellamy's chest, trying hard to keep a strong face for everyone around me.

Clarke suddenly turns to walk towards the gates.

"What are you doing?" Raven calls after her, making her stop.

Clarke turns to us, "I'm gonna go talk to the commander."

"What else do you have to say?" Bellamy asks, in not a skeptical way but a way of genuine curiosity. There isn't really much else we can say. We don't have some secret pulled up our sleeve like with Lincoln. We don't have a bluff to call. We don't have anything. We have nothing.

Clarke's eyes fall, her head following. "I don't know."

"Clarke," Raven says walking towards her. "Take this." Raven hands Clarke a knife, visible only to Bellamy and I. "If she won't let him go, kill her. Things'll go crazy and we'll grab you and Finn." Clarke starts shaking her head. "Clarke. You have to help him." Raven's eyes fill with sorrow. "I owe him my life."

Clarke turns and simply walks out of the gates. Usually guards would stop her, telling her she isn't allowed to leave. But, at this point, all Sky People are at their knees, trying desperately to make sense of the situation at hand. Clarke swiftly walks down the grass and into the camp of the Grounders.

Loud footsteps sound behind us as panic voices follow them. "What is she doing?" Abby practically yells.

"Abby," I say grabbing her attention. "we have to try."

We watch in the dark of the night as the Grounders let Clarke pass through. Lexa comes walking out of the tent, conversing in a heated conversation with Clarke. The Grounders behind Lexa begin tying Finn up onto the wooden steak.

"Come on, Clarke," Raven whispers. "Do it."

Half of me wants Clarke to do it. Wants her to shove that shark blade metal tip into that commanders flesh, letting her lay there and bleed out. But the other half of me is smarter than that. I know that if Clarke does it, the Grounders will go crazy, killing anything and everything in their path.

The conversation between Lexa and Clarke seemed to last forever. The longer the conversation lasted the more I kept seeing Bellamy in Finn's place and I in Clarke's. Tears begin to form at the brim of my eyes as I try to comprehend what is happening. Deep down I know this is only the first of many deaths to come. That's what gets me so worked up. Will the next be Bellamy? I can barely think of the thought of living on this Earth without him. The universe existing without Bellamy.

Raven's voice drags me out of my deep thinking. "What is she doing?" Her words dripped in panic.

I watch as Clarke leaves Lexa, not running forward to kill her, but walking over to Finn. My heart drops and my stomach turns as I watch her hand reach into the back of her pants, slowly pulling the knife from her. I can visibly see Clarke crying, her whole body shaking as Finn and her share their last goodbyes. Clarke then pushes the knife into Finn's heart, mercy killing him.

A loud, heart-aching sob escapes Raven's mouth, her knees giving in as she falls into the dirt.

I watch, in shock, as Finn's head loosely falls against Clarke's shoulder. The tears begin to flow, silently, as I watch something I never thought would happen. That's when Bellamy reacts. With his eyes glossed over, he walks in front of me, blocking my view of Finn and bringing me in to his chest.

"Promise me..." He whispers. "Promise me you'll never leave me."

I open my mouth, a quiet sob escaping. "I promise, Bellamy."

Bellamy's hands grab my face, forcing me to look at him. "I love you, Tatum...so damn much."

"I love you too, Bellamy, I love you too."