17~ Together

I bite nervously on my thumb fingernail as I switch my gaze from the group standing in the drop ship arguing about what to do to the Grounders standing outside. "They're not moving any closer." I say looking at the wall of Grounders that has gradually gotten larger over the time we've stayed in here. "They're staying out of range." I state but it comes out as more of a question.

Clarke groans. "Probably waiting until it's dark."

Murphy taps his gun, "If we hit them now, at least we'd take them by surprise."

"We don't even know how many of them are out there." Clarke argues. 

Murphy's voice rises, "I'm not hearing any better ideas, Clarke."

"We'll give them something." Raven suggests.

I roll my eyes, "Like what? All they want is Finn."

Raven's head lifts and her eyes look past me and onto someone. "Finn wasn't the only one at the village."

"What are you talking ab-" Finn begins to ask but Raven interrupts him, launching herself at Murphy, ready to grab and drag him out of the drop ship.

"Whoa!" I yell, running over and grabbing Raven by the shoulders, throwing her off of Murphy. 

"Raven, I came here to protect him!" Murphy rambles on. "You were the one who wanted me to come. You... that's why you asked me to come along."

My heart breaks slightly as I hear the sadness in Murphy's voice as he realizes the only reason Raven wanted him to come was to use him.

Raven goes to shove herself at Murphy again, but I throw her off. "Enough Grounders saw him at the village. They'd believe he was the shooter."

"Raven!" I yell, grabbing her attention off of Murphy. "You don't want to do this. You know what they do to people. You don't mean this."

Raven's face contorts, going from anger to maliciousness. She lifts her gun, cocking it, and pointing it at me. "Tatum, if you don't move, I'll shoot you."

"Raven!" Finn yells.

"Put the gun down, Raven!" Clarke objects. 

I raise my hands in a surrender. "Raven, I'm not moving."

"Tatum." Raven seems to have an inner-fight with herself as her eyes advert to the ground, but her gun never falters. "I don't want to hurt you, Tatum."

"Put the gun down, Raven." Finn says, slowly making his way over to her. 

Raven's eyes switch over to Finn for only the slightest moment, but she just readjusts the gun on her shoulder, still holding me at gun point.

"I said put it down!" Finn screams, his voice holding a sort of authority I'd never heard come from him. "We're not doing this here." Finn grabs the top of the gun and throws it down, so it's pointing at the floor. "They've got us surrounded. The only thing we can do is stay. And defend this place."

"Murphy." Clarke demands. 

"Yeah?" Murphy says, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"Go upstairs. Watch the rear." Finn finishes for her. "I'll take the lower level, and you three take the front with Bellamy."

Everyone seems to be in a silent agreement as Murphy pushes his gun on his shoulder and shuffles over to the ladder, his eyes never leaving Raven. Finn and Clarke exchange what I fear to be a goodbye. 

"Let's go." I demand, shoving Raven outside, my anger getting the best of me.

Raven and Clarke stand crouched behind a piece of metal on the opposite side of the camp, while Bellamy and I crouch behind a bush. 

I push the end of my gun through the bushes aiming it at the nearest Grounder. My breathing becomes more rapid as I realize what we're doing. Four of us, one weapon on each, are crouching behind leaves trying to fend off an entire army of Grounders who have multiple weapons on just ONE of them. My hands begin to shake as my finger nears the trigger, my heart pounding in my chest. 

"Hey." Bellamy whispers, his hand moving to rest of my thigh. "We're going to be okay."

I open my mouth to say something but stop, as I feel a full blown sob session coming on.

"Together." Bellamy nods. 

I nod back in response, trying to calm my breathing as I look through the sight of my gun. 

"Someone's coming." I hear Raven say from across camp. "There."

I watch as the curly headed Spacewalker steps out from behind a tree, his hands up in the air, surrendering himself. 

A loud sob escapes Clarkes mouth as she yells after Finn, begging him to come back. I stand from my crouching position, eyes glossed over with tears.

"Tatum, no." Bellamy says grabbing my arm and pulling me into him. 

"Finn!" I yell as the Grounders grab him and push him into the crowd. 

"Shh. Please, Tatum." Bellamy begs. I couldn't help it. I full out started sobbing right there, showing my biggest weakness to the Grounders. Bellamy strokes my hair and rubs my back, comforting me in any way possible. I peak open one eyes and see that the entire Grounder army has left, leaving Bellamy, Clarke, Raven, Murphy and I standing in the ashes of their people watching as they take away one of ours.