12~ Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

Clarke seemed to have the same reaction as I when she entered our old camp. Her breath hitched slightly as her boots crunched against the ashes. I watched her for a second before stepping on them as well. I picked up my pace and ignored them all together, trying to get to the drop ship as fast as possible.

We pushed the tent that was hanging over the door of the drop ship back and entered. There was an immediate reaction to our presence. A growl echoes throughout the floor of the drop ship before the sounds of metal against metal grow louder. Then, all together, Lincoln lurches out of the shadows growling at us. Clarke jumps backwards, almost falling, before I grab her arm.

"It's okay." I try to calm her down. "He's been restrained."

"Can you help him?" Bellamy asks, walking in circles around Lincoln.

Clarke walks forward hesitantly, placing her hand on Lincoln's face and moving it up to inspect his neck. "I don't know." She looks at marks that Lincoln has in his neck. "I knew Mount Weather controlled the Reapers, but I had no idea they were creating them."

"He's convulsing." Clarke mumbles.

"So what does that mean?" Bellamy asks.

"What happened to his leg?" Clarke wonders, noticing the running blood coming from Lincoln's leg.

"I shot him." Octavia answers

"From the marks on his neck, do you think he's been drugged?" I ask.

Clarke turns to me, eyeing me sideways. "Maybe."

"If they can do that to Lincoln..what are they doing to our friends?" I say, voicing everyones worst fear.

***

"Okay." I say getting frustrated and standing from my sitting position. "It's been hours. We need to do something."

"Well what do you suggest to do?" Clarke asks, still looking over Lincoln.

"Well maybe..try to get the bullet out of his leg?" I suggest with sarcasm. 

Clarke visibly tries to think of something smart to say but then nods, agreeing with me. 

Clarke kneels down and starts working on the bullet wound. Lincoln thrashes and pulls away from her as she works. Octavia stands for the first time in what seems like forever, and tries to give Lincoln some water. Lincoln moves his face away from the bowl of water and instead thrashes and jumps towards her, scaring her and causing Clarke to hesitate at his wound.

"I'm gonna...uh...go outside to get some more water." Octavia mumbles, walking back outside.

Minutes pass as Clarke still works at Lincoln's wound and Octavia has left. Suddenly, a huge grunt comes from Lincoln and he falls to the floor, thrashing around. 

"What's happening?" I yell, panic filling my words.

"He's seizing." Bellamy yells dropping to his knees to hold Lincoln still.

Just then, Octavia runs back into the drop ship, another Grounder following her. I immediately react and cock my gun, holding the Grounder at gunpoint.

"It's okay!" Octavia says shoving my gun down. "He's here to help Lincoln."

The Grounder kneels down and hovers over Lincoln. He reaches down into his pocket, pulling out a vial filled with clear liquid. 

"What is that?" I demand, my gun inching its way back up.

I get no response as the Grounder focuses on Lincoln.

"Yu gonplei ste odon" The Grounder mumbles, going to turn the vial over.

"Wait! Stop!" Clarke yells, shoving the Grounder backwards. "It's what they say before death." Clarke yells, out of breath from pushing the large Grounder down. I react immediately cocking my gun once again and holding it pointed at him. "He's not trying to heal him!"

"He's trying to kill him." I finish.

"Nyko?!" Octavia yells. "Is it true?" She pulls out her own weapon.

"Yes." Nyko gasps for air. "Death is the only way."

"Wait, there could be a way to bring him back." I say hopefully.

"None that I have ever seen." Nyko mumbles, pushing himself up. My gun never leaves Nyko.

"We have to go." A voice comes from behind me. "The camp's leaving." Finn says, announcing our worst fear. 

"You!" Nyko yells, running forward, past me. Nyko attacks Finn, throwing him to the ground and strangling him. 

"Get off him!" I demand, my gun pushing forward.

"You slaughtered my people!" Nyko screams, banging Finn's head against the ground. 

Bellamy has run forward, trying to pry Nyko's hands from around Finn's neck. 

"Elders." One more bang. "Children." Another bang. "Innocents." Another bang.

"Nyko, you're killing him!" Octavia yells.

"Blood must have blood!" Nyko yells as Finn's face turns purple.

I look over at Bellamy who is about to give up on trying to pry Nyko from Finn. "Bellamy!" I yell. His head pops up and I throw my gun over to him. He catches it in the air and places it right between Nyko's eyes. "Let. Him. Go." Bellamy demands.

"Bellamy, you're not shooting him!" Octavia yells trying to get the gun from Bellamy. 

Nothing seemed to be working to get Nyko off Finn. I look around, trying to find something to maybe knock Nyko out with. Suddenly, my eyes land on the shock baton Bellamy had taken from one of the guards in the parking garage. I run over to it and pick it up, pushing the switch. Sparks fly from it. I run forward, pressing it into Nyko's back and pushing the switch. Nyko's hands release from Finn's neck as his body twitches and he falls to the ground.

"Lincoln." Clarke mumbles, running over to his limp body. "He's not breathing." Clarke immediately starts doing chest compressions, trying to get his heart to start pumping again. I hear movement from behind me and watch as Nyko watches Clarke in awe. After a while, Lincoln pushes forward, gasping for air, before falling back down to the ground, breathing normally.

"He was dead." Nyko mumbles, awe struck. "How did you do that?"

"You've tried bringing Reapers back before? And they died like this?" Clarke asks, hope filling her eyes. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"I think I know how to stop the attack." Clarke says.