2.0

The first day of school was always a nightmare. What was even worse was that Bella and Kate were starting school in the middle of the semester: March. When they parked in the parking lot that morning, Kate felt like she was going to be sick. She slung her bag over her shoulder as she got out of the car. They made their way to the front of the school but before they could a kid called out to them.

"Nice ride," the kid mocked.

Bella meekly said, "Thanks" and pulled Kate along with her to the front of the school not looking back.

"Bella, let go," Kate whined.

She was ignored and was dragged up to the front steps of the school. When they got there, Bella let go of her and looked down at a map of the school trying to find their classes. Suddenly they received taps on their shoulders and they turned around to see a dark haired kid looking at them way too excitedly.

"You're Isabella and Katherine Swan, the new girls! Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?"

Kate rolled her eyes but Bella tried to appease him, "I'm more of a suffer in silence type."

"What about you baby Swan?" Eric asked her.

She just shrugged, "I'm more of a make other people suffer type."

Eric's face just lit up, "Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper and you're news, ladies. Front page."

Kate grabbed his arm, "No we're not."

"Whoa! Relax! No feature okay?"

Kate nodded her head and smiled looking for a way out of there, "Right. Well I've got to get to class. I think it's in building B. I'll see you guys later."

Bella looked at her begging her not to go but Kate just ignored her and went to her first class of the day. Finding the classroom was not hard once she got the hallways marked down. She quickly sat at the back of the class and waited for class to start. Right before the bell was supposed to ring a blonde girl came and stood right next to Kate and looked at her expectantly before tapping her on the shoulder.

"You're in my seat," the girl said shortly.

"Oh, sorry," Kate mumbled before scooting over to the seat next to her. The blonde girl sat down and took out a notebook and various pencils. Once the bell rang, the teacher called the class to order.

"Alright, alright, settle down. Now we have a new student in class today, Miss Katherine Swan. I expect each of you to give her a warm welcome in due time. Now today, we are going to continue our work on landscape shading. Get to work!"

Kate sat there stupidly looking around at the other art students opening their notebooks and chatting among themselves. The blonde next to her did the same but didn't look up from her drawing once. Kate chanced a glance at it and saw a beautiful open home with trees in the background. She gasped and the blonde looked at her before going back to her work.

Shaking her head, Kate opened up her book and started to flip the pages. There were so many drawings of various things from her life but she never really loved any of them enough to display them. She took her pencil and copied the blonde's idea next to her and drew Charlie's house. It felt like minutes but the second that the bell rang she had only finished the outline.

"We'll continue tomorrow," the teacher called out.

The morning passed in a similar fashion. Kate would get to class, she would get called out, she would work, and she would leave. Unlike the rest of the classes, she was actually looking forward to gym next period because it was the only class that she had with her sister. In Arizona, she and Bella weren't required to take all four years of gym but here, but here they were.