10.0

Saturday couldn't come quick enough for Kate. She had been avoiding everyone afraid that she was going to lash out and hurt them. Bella kept trying to talk to her only to be met by silence. So instead, Bella just kept talking about Edward and the Cullens. Kate was expecting a wedding announcement any day at the rate they were going.

When Charlie drove her down to La Push, Kate practically jumped out of the car and ran toward the garage. She was greeted by the familiar and comforting smell and grease and oil. In the back, she saw Jacob, Quil, and Embry's heads bowed together under the hood of Jacob's Volkswagen Rabbit as she just learned it was called.

"I come bearing gifts," she called out.

The three boys looked up from the car and she held her right hand high in the air. They saw the pizza's that sat perched there and ran at here. Quil grabbed one box while Jacob grabbed the other box.

"Nice to see you too," she said sarcastically, "You act like animals."

"Iiiii aaatttteee," Quil muffled through what she thought was a greeting from all of the pizza stuffed in his mouth.

Jacob threw his arm quickly around her before going back to the pizza.

"Do we need to pay you back for the pizza," Embry asked her.

Kate smirked as she walked toward the back of the garage, "No, I used the money from the last bet you lost."

Embry scowled and grumbled as he took a slice of pizza.

"So I was thinking, we should go outside today," she suggested.

"What about the car," Jacob asked indignantly.

"Your car will still be here next week. Come one, Jacob. Please? For me," Kate pleaded as she put her hands on his arm tugging on it slightly.

Jacob went a little pink in the face and he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. Embry and Quil laughed at the two of them.

Jacob sighed, "Alright."

Kate smiled in triumph.

Quil coughed, "Whipped."

Embry and Kate thought it was funny but apparently Jacob didn't because a second later he had smacked Quil in the back of the head. They went outside and kicked around a soccer ball.

"So what's happened in the week of Katherine Swan," Quil asked her.

Kate kicked the ball hard at his face, "Don't call me that."

Quil dodged it. When he came back with it he said, "Sorry, Princess."

This irritated Kate as well, "Don't call me that either."

"Seriously, Kate," Jacob interrupted dribbling the ball, "What's up?"

Kate thought for a moment before deciding to tell the boys the latest headache in her life, "Bella's got a boyfriend. She's dating Edward Cullen."

The events that followed were something you could only see in a movie. Jacob accidentally kicked the ball so hard that it smacked Embry in the stomach. Embry let out an "oomph" but otherwise made no indication that he felt the ball. Quil simply said, "No fucking way," and stood there staring at her. Three pairs of eyes looked at her for an explanation.

"Yea. He's always around picking us up for school. It makes me wish I had my own car. We had dinner with the family last Sunday and let me tell you, that family is weird."

Quil scoffed, "You got that right."

Embry and Jacob just looked darkly across the field at each other neither of them saying a word but seeming to have a whole entire conversation.