12.0

"Edward, tell me what the hell is going on," Kate screamed at him from the backseat.

They were driving at speeds Kate had never gone to before. The Jeep jerked up and down as they were thrown through holes and over roots.

"Listen to me. James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession. I read his mind. My reaction in the field set him off. I just made this his most exciting game ever. He's never going to stop," Edward panicked.

"Well what do we do?" Bella asked him.

Kate knew what they had to do. Sam and Billy had told her what they had to do.

"We have to kill him. The only way you can do that is to rip them apart and burn the pieces that are left. But Edward we can't go hunting James through the country. He'll kill us first. We can't do this," Kate cried out to him.

"We're leaving, Kate," he snapped.

"Like hell we are. If you think I'm leaving my dad then you've lost your mind. Edward I'll make you if you don't."

"It doesn't matter," Edward yelled.

Kate had had enough. She put energy on the brake causing the car to stop. Edward whipped around so fast that Kate actually thought he was going to hurt her. He reached back and grabbed her glowing blue hand.

Before things could escalate Bella started to yell, "Edward he's our dad. He could get killed because of us. We'll lead the tracker away somehow. We have to do something."

Edward ignored her but growled at Kate, "Let go, Kate."

She shook her head, "Not until you agree to let us go back to Charlie."

In the end Edward saw that he had no choice and let go of Kate's hand. Reluctantly she let go of the pressure that was stopping the car and it jolted into life again. They sped off again this time towards Forks.

They had a plan that would lead the tracker away but Kate was sure that it wouldn't work.

Kate and Bella burst through their home door.

"Edward, I said leave me alone," Bella shouted at him.

Kate put on her theatrical hat and pulled her sister back from the door like they agreed.

"Get the hell out of here, Edward," she yelled at his face.

"Bella, please don't do this," Edward pleaded with her sister.

"Now!" Kate shouted slamming the door closed before rounding on her sister, "I told you he was no good. You just think you know better but you're just a bitch!"

Charlie appeared around the corner, "Hey what's going on girls."

Bella marched up the stairs not answering Charlie. Charlie turned to look at Kate.

"Bella thinks she can control me. Just because she finally found a boy to give her some shred of attention doesn't mean that she can just throw me away. The second he showed he didn't care she freaks out on him and me."

Kate followed her sister up the stairs but instead went to her room. Charlie followed Bella to her room and left Kate alone. When Kate turned from the door, she saw Emmett quickly putting stuff into a bag.

"You got it all?" she asked him.

Emmett held up a bra, "Oh yea."

"Rose is going to kill you. Now hurry up."

He threw the bag at her face and she gave him a dirty look. He smirked before jumping out of the window into the night. Kate took in a deep breath before wrenching open her door to follow Bella out of the house.

"Dad that's you that's not me," Bella told Charlie.

"Bella, come on," Charlie said in a broken voice, "I just got you back."

Kate stood frozen at the bottom of the stairs watching her sister tear her father apart and not be able to do anything about it. She had this lump in her throat that she hadn't had in a long time.

"Yea and you know, if I don't get out know, I'm just going to be stuck here like mom," Bella shot.

She had done it. Bella repeated to Charlie the words that Renee had told him all those years ago. Charlie was frozen as he watched Bella open the door and go to her truck. Kate walked right in front of him and hugged him.

"Kate, not you too," he begged.

Kate pulled back and shook her head, "No. But I'll bring her back safe. I promise. We'll be home, here, in Forks."

She wanted to tell him everything right then and there but knew that it was no use. So she gave him another quick hug and she turned not wanting to see Charlie watch his youngest daughter run away from him in the night.

They were a mile down the road when Edward jumped into their truck.

"Your father is going to forgive you. Why don't you let me drive?"

Bella sat in the middle while Kate stared out of the window with tears in her eyes that had not yet fallen. She refused to look at her sister at this point. When they made the plan there was nothing in it that said Bella had to break his father's heart.

"She had to," Edward told Kate.

Kate merely scoffed and continued to look out of the window biting her lip to keep herself from crying. A crunch came from the top of the truck and Kate jumped.

"It's just Emmett," Edward told them, "Alice is in the car behind us."

A buzzing sound came from Kate's pocket and she took out her phone. When see saw who's name it was she had to take a deep breath before answering.

"Hello?"

"Kate, what the hell are you doing? Charlie just called my dad saying you and Bella ran away!" Jacob's voice rang out in her ear.

"Jacob..."

"Where are you? I'll come and get you."

Tears began to fall down her face, "Jacob, I can't. Just don't."

Kate hung up the phone before she could hear his response. She quickly turned her phone off so she couldn't see him calling a thousand times. She leaned her head against the window once more and let the tears steadily rain down.