14.0

In her dream she was running. She was running faster than she had ever run in her life. The forest was a blur as she passed through the trees. She leapt over rocks and fallen trees landing with a hard thud on the other side. She kept running until she heard heavy footsteps behind her.

She ran even faster but the footsteps caught up to her. Her body was hit by a massive force and flung sideways into trees. She crashed on what seemed like every branch. When she finally landed on the ground, she just lay there trying to recover the feeling in her limbs.

A howl ripped through the night and she sat straight up. She knew that howl from somewhere. Maybe a past life?

She looked around and saw that she was sitting in a clearing. A heat rose up her back and she quickly stood up. Fire engulfed the trees that surrounded the clearing. Across the way, a shadowy figure slowly walked toward her. She tired to use her powers but they wouldn't work.

The howls grew closer now and she knew that help was coming. The figure stalked even closer to her and she began to panic. There was nowhere to run. Through the fire, she saw the wolves had come at last. They all bounced around the fire but none of them could find a way through.

Just as the shadow got near enough to touch her, a loud growl echoed in the night air. A tan mass jumped over her head and stood before her protecting her from the shadow. She stumbled back and saw that it was another wolf. She wondered for a second how it was the only one that got through the flame. The wolf bent down and wanted her to get on. Without question she obeyed. The wolf took off at a sprint the moment she was on. They were bounding through the forest faster than she had been running earlier. The wolf was warm and she felt safe with it. She couldn't explain it but she wasn't scared any more.

A loud, terrible screech pierced the night from the fiery trees behind them. She dared to look back and saw the shadow chasing them. The wolf beneath her ran even faster but the shadow was too fast. It tackled the two of them. They went tumbling through the undergrowth and she was thrown from the wolf's back.

She landed near the edge of a cliff and when she looked over the edge, she saw dark waters below her. Growls and screeches reached her ears and she looked up from the ground to see the wolf and the shadow fighting one another.

"No," she screamed.

The shadow looked at her and made for her but the wolf latched its jaws onto its neck and tore the shadow in two. The shadow disintegrated with a powerful burst of air. The air was just enough to push her over the edge of the cliff. The last thing that she saw was the wolf looking at her fall over the edge and she heard its agonizing howl before she hit the water feeling immense pain before feeling no more.

"Kate! Kate!"

"Noooooo!!!!" Kate screamed against the hands that were holding her. Her heart was beating wildly and she couldn't stop the tears that fell from her eyes. She opened them to see Alice right in front of her face.

"Go away, Alice," she growled at the girl before turning over to burry her face in the pillow trying to forget her dream.

Apparently Alice had had enough and grabbed Kate roughly and slung her up. When Kate opened her eyes she was looking at not only Alice and Jasper but Edward, Carlisle, and Emmett too.

"Where's Bella?" Edward asked her frantically.

This woke Kate up quickly and drove the memory of the wolves and shadow from her mind.

"She's not here?"

Jasper shook his head, "No we just got back."

Kate felt like she had when she hit the water in her dream.

"The ballet studio."

Without any other word Emmett grabbed Kate and picked her up so fast she didn't know what happened until they were out in the darkness and she was once again slung into the back of Emmett's Jeep.

"Kate, tell us how to get there. Edward's gone ahead," Carlisle demanded of her.

"I don't know!"

"I can get us there. Just drive," Alice told him.

Carlisle sped through traffic. It seemed like the cars just jumped out of his way. A rage like never before filled Kate. Light filled the car as she saw her hands light up. But instead of being outlined in blue like they normally were. Her whole hands were actually blue. From the middle of her forearm, all the way to the top of her fingertips, blazed with a bright blue light. Before Kate knew it they were in front of an old dance studio. Everyone made to get out of the car but Emmett barred her way.

"No way," he said.

Kate blasted him back, "Like hell."

She followed Alice into the ballet studio and almost had a heart attack. Edward and James were struggling for power in the side of the room. Edward was clearly winning. Kate was so pissed that once Edward let go of James, she blasted James to the other corner of the room causing all of the mirrors to shatter at the force with which he hit them. Emmett, Jasper, and Alice ran after him while Edward and Carlisle ran behind Kate. She spun around and saw her sister writhing on the floor.

She ran to her and put Bella's head in her lap.

"Dammit, Bella hold on. You're not dying on me yet," she yelled at her. She then turned to Carlisle, "Do something!"

"Her femoral artery has been severed. She's losing too much blood," Carlisle told her and Edward.

"My hand is burning," Bella cried out.

Kate felt so hopeless. There was nothing that she could do.

"It's the venom," Edward said lifelessly.

"You have to make a choice to prevent the change from happening," Carlisle told Edward.

"No, No!"

Alice appeared and held Bella's legs down, "It's going to happen Edward. I've seen it."

"It doesn't have to be that way. She's hemorrhaging. Alice, I need to make a tunicate give me your belt.

"Carlisle, what's my other option," Edward begged him.

Kate had finally had enough of him, "Edward only you can save her. Now if you want my sister to change, then fine, that's on you. But I won't let you sit her suffer while you have a battle with your damaged too moral conscience. If you don't save her, I will."

Edward stared at her with tears in his eyes before he looked back at Bella.

"I'll make it go away, Bella. I'll make it go away," he whispered.

If it weren't such a dire situation, Kate would've thrown up at the sight. Edward was drinking her sister's blood from the wound on her wrist. Kate wanted nothing more than to blast him away and put a shield between her and her sister but he was saving her sister's life.

She watched as her Bella calmed down in her lap and finally stop shaking but she was drooping her eyes way too much to be comforting.

"Edward, stop. Her blood is clean. You're killing her!" Carlisle yelled at him.

Kate was crying at this point, "Edward, stop!"

Edward launched himself back away from Bella and stood shaking in a corner with his head between his hands to calm himself down.

"Alice, help me carry her to the car," Carlisle told Alice.

Bella was lifted from Kate's arms and she just sat there, numb. She looked over at the fire that was once James and stared at it blankly. She was so tired. She looked down at her hands and saw that they still were glowing completely. Kate shook her head and ran after Carlisle and Alice.