5.0

A few days after the accident, when Bella and Kate joined their little lunch table, they were all bubbling with excitement.

"Hey, La Push, babes, you in?" Eric asked them.

Kate and Bella looked at each other confused for a second.

"Wait what?" Kate said.

"La Push beach down on the Quileute rez. We're all going tomorrow," Mike explained.

"Yea there's a big swell coming in," Jessica added excitedly.

Eric suddenly stood up, "And I don't just surf the Internet."

"Eric you stood up once, and it was a foam board," Jessica shot him down.

Kate laughed at them.

"There's whale watching too. Come with us," Angela begged.

Kate put here food down and started to eat, "Sorry guys. I've already got plans. But, maybe I'll see you there."

"What plans," Bella asked her.

"I called Jacob. He promised me that he would teach me how to work on cars. Plus, Billy's been wanting to talk to me and I said I'd go."

"Oh," Bella pouted.

"Baby Swan's out. What about you, Bella? La Push baby, it's La Push..." Eric cooed.

Bella giggled, "Okay I'll go if you stop saying it like that."

The next morning Kate and Charlie got up extra early so that they could go over to the reservation together before Charlie had to go to work. They sat in silence as they went but neither of them was uncomfortable with it. Kate watched as the trees blurred by. Once they crossed into Quileute territory, old memories seemed to flood her brain. She began so smile remembering the times when she would splash through the mud by Billy's house.

When they pulled up to the old, red house, Kate felt comforted by the sight that it hadn't changed since last time she was there. She got out of the car and took in a deep breath of the pine filled air.

Charlie smiled over at her, "Miss it, huh?"

Kate smiled over at him, "Yea."

"Ready to go inside?"

She nodded her head and the two of them walked to the front door of the house. Before they could knock on the door, Billy opened it with a wide grin at the two of them.

"Charlie, Kate, it's good to see you both. Come in," Billy moved out of the way so that they could pass.

"Can't today, Billy. Just here to drop Kate off," Charlie grumbled.

With a quick wave, he walked back to his cruiser and drove off. Billy and Kate watched him go in silence and when he left, they stood simply stood there. Billy broke the silence first.

"How are you feeling, Kate?" he asked her.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Fine."

Billy gave her a stern look that made Kate avoid his gaze.

"Alright, I'm not fine. Not even close."

"We'll help you," he said with a sympathetic look.

"Who's we?"

He gave her a smile that held many secrets and simply said, "You'll see later. Just be inside around four o'clock. Jake's out back by the way."

Billy simply spun around in his wheel chair and went further inside of the house leaving her standing in the doorway. Kate gave Billy one last look before shaking her head and walking around the back of the house. A large garage was built that matched the feeling of the rustic house. She heard chinking of metal when she rounded the corner and smiled at the sound. Jacob was leaned over the side of a car that looked worse for ware. He was so concentrated on the task at hand that he didn't see her come in. She watched him for a second as he brushed his long hair out of his face and furrowed his brows in frustration. She smiled softly before alerting him to her presence.