PROLOGUE: HOW IT ALL STARTED

Prologue

How It All Started

"Push!"

The lady pushed as hard as she could and a baby's cry was heard through out the room. "One of the babies is out." The nurse said as she handed the baby to another nurse who went to clean her off. "You could do it." The lady's husband said as he held her hand. "Ahhhh!!!" She pushed one last time and continued until another baby's cry was heard.  The nurse took the baby and washed her off as the other one was brought back. The dad held the tender baby in his arms and swayed her back and forth. "Here you should hold her. She should at least know that her mom has held her before," He placed the baby in her hands. The mother cried as she swayed her gently back and forth while the nurse brought the other baby to the father.

"Why does it have to be like this?" The mother cried. She wanted both of her babies and her husband but she knew it wasn't possible. She knew that she had no choice, this is what's best for them. "I love you," She kissed the babies head as the tears continued to fall.

"I love you so much," The father cried as well as he held the other baby. "I'm sorry I won't be there to see you grow. But this is what's best for you, I love you so much." He continued to rock the baby in his hands knowing that this would be the last time he would ever hold her.

"This is what's best for our children. This would keep them safe," The mother said as she wiped her tears away. "You're right." The father agreed.

"This is what will keep them safe. They must never find out about each other..."

GLOSSARY:

(Somali Words)

Abo- Dad

Hoyo- Mom

Awowa- Grandfather

Ayeyo- Grandmother

Quruxley- Beautiful

Ader- Dad's brother

(Hindi Words)

Beti- Daughter

Pyaar- Love

©copyright 2017

HOW TO CONNECT WITH ME: @simplysumeyo