CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: BEST FRIENDS BY CHOICE ||SAHRA||

"That's somehow become our thing, whenever either one of us wanted to say something to each other but didn't know how to express it, we'd grab each others hands and squeeze it." -Sahra Khan, SBC.

Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter Twenty Six

Best Friends By Choice

☀️ Sahra Khan ☀️

I, Sahra Amira Khan am about to get married.

Me! I can't even wrap my mind around it but it's actually happening and I couldn't be happier. "You're getting married!" Sumayah shrieked as both her and Dunya started jumping up and down. It's crazy to even think about. If someone told me that a year ago I would find out about my long lost twin, move to New York, reconnect with my father and somehow manage to find the guy of my dreams, I would've laughed in their face.

But it's true and this is my life, who would've thought? Right now I just left the room and went to where the girls were. "How do you feel future sister-in-law?" Dunya asked while bumping shoulders with me.

"Like this isn't real." I found myself saying, still in a daze. Over these past few months since Imran's hospitalization, we've spent a lot of time together. Don't worry we always kept everything halal and we weren't alone when we hung out but I still learned a lot about him, the kind of guy he is. Although he doesn't have every single thing I'd want in a husband, he has everything that I would ever need and everything I never knew I wanted. I know I sound extremely cheesy right now but I don't care.

"We need to plan your bridal shower!" Sumayah shouted.

"Oh yeah, I already know the best place it should be at." Dunya added.

"What kind of dresses should we wear?"

"Hold up you guys, it just happened. Can we get time to just celebrate it before going straight into wedding planning?" I stopped them. Don't get me wrong, I am just as excited as them maybe even more but I just want some time to process everything. It feels like it's all happening at full speed ahead and I don't have enough time to even fasten my seatbelt.

"You're right, we should do something to celebrate the fact that you're engaged. How about both of our families go out to eat at a nice restaurant? Baba wanted to do that tomorrow anyway. What do you think?" Dunya suggested.

"That sounds good." I responded with a smile.

"Yeah, we should. I just wanted to say how happy I am for you Sahra and you deserve a guy as nice and caring as Imran." Sumayah said as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "Thanks sis." I told her while hugging back.