CHAPTER FIFTEEN: EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED ||SUMAYAH||

"We found each other, Sahra." -Sumayah Ahmed, SBC.

" -Sumayah Ahmed, SBC

Chapter Fifteen:

Expect The Unexpected

⭐️Sumayah Ahmed⭐️

My father and I looked at Adeer as we both tried to register what he just told us. "W-Wait, what happened?" Abo asked as we all ran towards Adeer's car in a hurry. "I don't know but, alhamdulilah nobody got hurt. The fire department is there right now investigating everything." Adeer explained to the best of his ability while driving away from the airport parking lot and on to the main road. Ya Allah please let everything be okay, I silently prayed while looking outside the window that was beside me. So many unless questions ran through my mind yet I didn't have the answer to any of them. Right now all I can think about is my precious grandparents and whether or not they are okay. They have to be okay...

Suddenly my phone began to ring and I noticed that it was the same unknown number that's been calling me for the past couple of weeks. I hesitantly picked the phone up and placed it against my ear. "Hello?" I asked in a shaky voice. "I-I'm sorry I really tried to protect you guys, but they know now and they want you guys back. Your father needs to take both you and Sahra far, far away from here before it's too late." The person on the other side of the phone responded in short breaths. "Please just for once can you just tell us the truth. Who are you and who are they?!" I finally snapped. I can't take all of this secrecy and discreetness, I just need someone to be upfront with me for once. "And don't tell me that I'll find out later on. I need to know now." I added. Abo then turned around and grabbed the phone out of my hands. 

"What do you want from us and how long have you been talking to my kids?" He asked with eagerness. "I know that it's you, Hussein. So just go and tell them to stay the hell away from my family." Abo then hung up the phone with a worry stricken look on his face. Hussein? Who the heck is Hussein? "Don't ever pick up from random numbers, especially that one in particular. Do you hear me?" Abo stated as he gave me the phone back. "What was that about and who's Hussein?" I questioned him. 

"He's someone you guys need to stay away from." He responded.

"I get that but why do I have to stay away from him?" I was beginning to feel irritated by all of these cryptic answers that he's been giving me lately. For once can I just get a straight up answer instead of them always beating around the damn bush. "Look Sumayah, no more questions for now. Okay? I promise I'll answer everything at its given time!" Abo snapped at me as he rubbed his temples.  I let out a sigh as I turned to the window beside me and watched as the busy cars drove by, pedestrians walking on the sidewalks, and the little kids running around on the fields with nothing but smiles on their faces. I wish I was like that again, just a kid with no worries. I miss worrying about what outfit I'm going to where or which place me and my friends should hangout at. I haven't even talked to my best friend Dunya in weeks and that's all because of the craziness going on here.  I miss being back home in New York, being with my friends and family, I just miss my old life. I guess I was so wrapped up in my thoughts because I didn't notice the tears coming down my cheeks until I felt a drop fall on my hand. 

What's wrong with me? I just can't stop crying these days, can I? I hope Sahra is having better luck dealing with all of this than I am. 

* * *

We finally made it to the restaurant and tried to rush inside to check up on Awowa and Ayeeyo but we were stopped by a firefighter. "What's going on officer? My parents are inside!" Abo asked with a panic stricken look on his face. "Sir, I'm sorry but we can't let you guys inside." The officer responded. "Ahmed! Oh my Allah you're finally back!" Ayeeyo exclaimed as she ran to her son and engulfed him in a hug. "Hoyo..." Abo let out a sigh of relief as he held his mother in his arms. I couldn't help but let out a small smile as I watched their mother-son reunion. "I always knew she loved him more." Adeer stated in a joking way as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Don't worry, you're my favorite uncle." I tried to cheer him up.

"I'm your only uncle." He retorted.

"But still my favorite."

"Aw, thanks baby niece."

Before I could scold him for calling me a baby, Awowa came up to us with an readable expression on his face. As he started to walk closer, I noticed that there was someone walking behind him. It was...Sahra?

"Abo, what happened are you guys okay?" My father asked as he walked towards his dad. He then stopped in his tracks once he laid his eyes on the girl walking behind Awowa. Once he saw his daughter. "W-Whats going on?" Abo stuttered. "I ran into to Sahra just now." Awowa responded still not knowing what to say. I quickly walked up to my sister and grabbed her hand.

"Hey, we're in this together. Remember?" I whispered to her as I gave her a smile. She slowly returned it to me while squeezing my hand. "You can do this."

"Thanks."

Abo then came closer to us as he stared at Sahra in disbelief. "Oh my God, it really is you." His eyes began to water. "I've dreamed of this day over and over again for the past nineteen years yet I still can't believe you're standing here right in front of me." He said without looking away from her. "My beautiful daughter, I can't believe it's actually you."

"I-I don't know what to say." Sahra stated with a shaky voice. "This is all just way too sudden and too much for one day. I can't...I can't be here right now." She then let go of my hand and stormed off. I quickly ran after my sister before she could go to far. "Sahra, wait up!" I exclaimed as I chased after her. "Sumayah I can't deal with all of this today. My brothers and I were supposed to have a normal day, eat some food and go home but instead all of this," She gestured towards our father. "happens and it's just too much."

"I know, it's a lot for anyone to handle but at least some good came out of it."

"What? What good came out of this?"

"We found each other, Sahra. Isn't that something good? At least we're together and we can finally be the family that we were meant to be. I don't know about you but I always felt something was missing my whole entire life and I always thought it was mom, but now I realized that it wasn't just  her. It was missing you too, don't you get that?" I said as I started to tear up. "Now do you want to solve this or just forget about everything? The choice is yours." I then began to walk away but stopped once she called out my name. "I'm sorry, of course I love that we're sisters and that we're finally together. I'm ready to be a part of your life but I don't know if I'm ready to be apart of his. I know that they split us apart to keep us safe but until we find out why... I can't just forget being abandoned by him. I need to understand why  before having a father-daughter reunion, you know?" She tried to explain.

I let out a sigh as I turned around.

"Yeah, I know. But we can't find out why if you even talk to him."

"I get that but I just need time." Sahra responded. "Anyways I don't think that the fire that happened today was an accident. I got a call earlier by the same anonymous person, saying that my brothers and I should leave. That was moments before the fire." Sahra said as she looked at the restaurant with nothing but worry. "Did you tell the police?" I replied in a panicked tone. If this was on purpose that means that someone wanted to hurt her. They would risk other peoples lives to hurt one of us. Oh my Allah, this is way bigger than I ever thought it was.

"Not yet. I wanted to let you guys know first but I will tell the cops. Whoever did this cannot get away with it." She responded with nothing but fire in her eyes. 

"In Shaa Allah they won't."

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!  I know a lot of dramatic stuff happened in this chapter and a whole lot more will be happening in the upcoming ones. I'm so excited for you guys to read them!:)

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)