CHAPTER THIRTEEN: CONFESSIONS: PART ONE ||SUMAYAH||

"I wonder if all of that smiling is just a faćade, an act he's been pulling all of my life." -Sumayah Ahmed

" -Sumayah Ahmed

Chapter Thirteen:

Confessions: Part One

⭐️Sumayah Ahmed ⭐️

Take a deep breath Sumayah, everything will be okay In Shaa Allah, I thought to myself as I looked at mirror in front of me. Abo's plane was set to arrive in an hour and a half and to say I was nervous would be the biggest understatement of the year. I don't know what I want to say to him when he arrives much less how I'm going to say it. I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that he hid Sahra from me all of my life. How could he do that? I know that he was protecting us and everything but still, keeping a secret like that for almost 20 years? How could someone even do that.

I sighed as I paced around the terminal of the airport station. My uncle and I decided that we should come and pick Abo up cause both Ayeyo and Awowa were still at work. "Are you okay?" Adeer asked as he looked up from his phone. "Yeah, I'm just nervous..." I responded as I sat down. It's been almost a little over a month since I've last seen him. He has a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

* * *

I suddenly felt someone shake me as I was dozing off to sleep. "Wake up." Adeer said as he sat up. I quickly rubbed my eyes and turned to the direction he was staring at. I then saw my father walking in hour direction with a huge smile lighting up his face. He looked happy. I wonder if all of that smiling is just a faćade, an act he's been pulling all of my life. As our eyes met, I couldn't help the flow of tears that made their way down my cheeks. Although I'm mad as hell at him, he's still my father and he's still the one that's taken care of me all of my life. I know he did what he had to do. It's just so unfair.

"My baby, I'm so happy to see you!" He sighed as he came up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "A-Abo..." I cried. I didn't know how much I missed him until this moment. "I've missed you so much." He stated as his grip around me tightened. After a couple of seconds we let go of each other and Abo went to greet his younger brother. "How have you been Ibrahim?" Abo asked as he gave his brother a hug as well.

"Alhamdulilah I've been good, just can't believe that you're finally back home." Adeer responded after they let go of each other. "Me neither, it's been forever since I was last here. Where are mom and dad?" Abo responded as he looked around us but didn't spot them. "They couldn't come because of the restaurant but it's okay cause we're going to stop by there before going home." Adeer said as he grabbed Abo's  luggages. After another fifteen minutes or so, we were finally about to leave to Awowa's restaurant.

I still can't believe that my father is here, for some reason I just can't wrap my mind around that fact. I wonder how Sahra feels knowing that he's back as well. When am I supposed to to tell him about her? How am I supposed to tell him? What would be his reaction? Would he even be happy? Suddenly another thought crossed my mind that scared me even more than the others. Does he even know that mom passed away? For some reason I never thought of that until now. Knowing Abo, he doesn't about her death. He would've told me if he did know, that much I know for sure.