CHAPTER SEVEN: WHAT THE?.. ||SUMAYAH||

"All of her words felt like knives stabbing me over and over again, except these wounds wouldn't heal over time" -Sumayah Ahmed

Chapter Seven:

What The..?

⭐️Sumayah Ahmed⭐️

When I got home, to say I received an earful from my grandparents would be an understatement. I got the biggest lecture of my life just because I left the restaurant earlier than I was supposed to. My grandma looked so angry as if there was steam coming out of her ears! Right now I'm in the car with my uncle, waiting for him to park the car.

"It'll just be a minute!" I told my uncle as I got out of his car to go into Barnes & Noble. After seeing The Kite Runner yesterday I really wanted to get the book once again and reread it. It gives me something to do other than stay at Ayeyo and Awowa's restaurant all day and be bored. I quickly went inside and purchased the book. When I was leaving I accidentally bumped into someone and before I could apologize they grabbed the book for me. Once I looked up I stopped breathing, noticing the girl in front me. I then faltered a step in pure shock.We look exactly alike.

Exactly alike!

How the hell was this possible!? I then looked passed her and saw the girl that had mistaken me for her the other day.

"Oh my god, it's you..." The girl that looked like me said as she placed her hand on her mouth. What does she mean it's me? What the hell is going on!? "I-I'm Sahra..." My look-a-like stuttered after a moment of silence. I took another step back as I shook my head from side to side, not believing what I was seeing. This is insane... How could we look so much alike? I've heard of people having look-a-likes somewhere in the world but I can't even begin to fathom how much we look alike. "Wh-How is this...possible?" I stuttered.

She looked around and noticed that there were people staring at us. "I'll tell you all that I know but not here."She indicated for us to get out of the store but I didn't move a step. I don't know what's going on but what I do know is that I'm not going anywhere.

"You..." I stared wide eyed at the girl.

"Yeah, me. It's nice to see you again but can we please go somewhere else so my friend can I explain everything she knows to you?" She almost pleaded. The girl, who's name I remember her saying what Sahra, gave me a pleading look as well. Before replying, I got out my phone and told my uncle that I'd come home later and that he could leave. After he left I walked with the two girls into one of their cars and sat in the backseat. "Okay you have two minutes to explain everything to me." I demanded.