CHAPTER FOURTEEN: IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE ||SAHRA||

"I could picture her smile, her care free nature, the way that she used to light up a room just by her presence, and how she used to be so kind to everyone that she'd meet." - Sahra Khan, SBC.

" - Sahra Khan, SBC

Chapter Fourteen:

In The Blink Of An Eye

☀️Sahra Khan☀️

"He's here."

Those were the first words Sumayah said to me the moment I picked up the phone from her. For a moment I didn't know what to say and much less how to say it. The man that I've been longing for, for my whole life is finally in the same place as I am and that scares me more than anything. I don't even know if I want to meet him or not but I also know that I'm going to have to eventually. Better sooner rather than later, right? Take a deep breath, Sahra... I thought to myself as I closed my eyes and breathed in. Everything will be alright In Shaa Allah, I just need to put my faith in Allah. "He's just a person, Sahra. Don't freak out too much..." I muttered underneath my breath. I then put the phone against my ear once and again and began to speak. "How long is he staying?" I questioned, nervous for her answer.

"A couple of days, we're about to pick him up right now." She responded. "How're you feeling?"

"I don't know." I replied as I fidgeted with my car keys. "I just can't believe that this is actually happening right now. What if he's not anything that I imagined him to be? What if I am not what he imagined I was? I just... can't help but wish that he remained the one I never knew, you know?" I kept on rambling. So many endless thoughts were running through my mind yet I didn't have an answer to anyone of them. "Yeah, I do. But don't worry because he always loved you and I know that you'll love him. Regardless of all of the secrets he kept, he's always been an amazing dad and he's always been there. I know that the only thing that he's wanted for the longest time was for him to have both of his baby girls." She stated in a reassuring tone. To say that what she said helped me relax would be an understatement, I felt like a whole weight was lifted off of my shoulders, like I could actually breathe. "In a sense, you're very lucky. At least you could meet the person you've been longing for your whole. So you should really take advantage of it and try to make up for the time lost." She added in a solemn tone. It didn't even occur to me how she must be feeling about all of this. Sumayah was right, I should take advantage of it.

"You're right and... I'm really sorry. I know that mama would've loved meeting you." I tried to cheer her up.

"Thanks, alright. I'll see you soon." She stated. " Abo should be landing any minute now."