Chapter 2

Sage silently watched as her father paced the room, exhaustion evident in his eyes. Rosalie joined her, she had tried getting him to relax, but it wasn't working.

Sage couldn't believe they were going to have a war with the skin-walkers. They refused to take any deals that her father had made, it angered her. Werewolves have never treated them like garbage, they were kind towards them. Acted as if they were werewolves as well. It disgusted her that they were being so greedy for power and land.

She ran her hand through her hair and walked upstairs. She walked past Sara and Jason making out, she rolled her eyes and slammed her bedroom door shut.

How come I don't have a mate? She wondered.

She groaned as she rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. She felt lonely to say the least, she had no real friends and her sister was barely ever home now. She certainly couldn't take her younger siblings to the movies to see Deadpool.

She eventually got bored and searched through her clothes for a workout outfit. She grabbed a water bottle before heading to the gym, however, halfway there her mother called for her. She hurried to the foyer, worried that something had happened. She suddenly stopped when she smelled the most delicious scent.

She was hesitant to step into the foyer, but knew she couldn't waste anymore time. So, she took a deep breath and walked to stand beside her parents.

The second they made eye contact her world stopped, all she could do was stare at his beautiful brown eyes. She finally blinked and tore her gaze from him when she saw the blonde she-wolf holding his hand. She forced a smile at them before glancing at her parents.

"Who are they?" She asked.

The guy cleared his throat and let go of the blonde's hand.

"I'm Mason and this is Alicia." He introduced.

Sage nodded, "Name is Sage."

Her parents frowned at the sharpness of her voice, Sage studied Mason before looking at Dimitri and Rosalie.

"Can I go back to the gym now?" She asked.

"You workout?" Alicia gasped. "Don't you hate sweating though?"

Sage furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't mind, I actually feel like I did something when I sweat. Plus, if I want to be strong and be able to protect my loved ones then I have to know how to fight and have the muscle for it."

Alicia frowned before shrugging, she then nudged Mason a little closer towards Sage. However, Sage took a step back.

"Excuse us." Alicia grinned before grabbing Sage and dragging her away.

Sage sighed, "What?"

"I'm guessing you think Mason and I are a thing?" Alicia asked.

"Aren't you?"

"Well, yes, but only until one of us finds our mate. And by the looks of it..."

Sage frowned as a smirk appeared on the she-wolf's face.

"You and Mason are mates."

"Yes." Sage sighed.

Alicia grinned and clapped her hands, "Well, talk to him! He's a sweetheart and has been dying to meet his mate. Honestly, we weren't like boyfriend and girlfriend. We just said we were a thing but all we could think about is our mates."

Sage chuckled at the she-wolf's large amount enthusiasm as she walked to the gym.

"Why don't you two get settled in? I really want to work out, and I'll feel awkward talking to him when my parents are there." She grinned.

Alicia nodded, "I'll tell him to meet you at the gym."

Sage thanked her and told her the directions before walking there herself. She immediately got to her training, punching the punching bag, practicing her kicks, doing push-ups and sit-ups, and running for a while.

"You sure like working out."

She turned around to see Mason leaning against the wall, watching her with his soft brown eyes. She smiled shyly, a blush formed on her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice you were there." She laughed nervously.

He chuckled, "It's fine."

"Do you like working out?" Sage asked as she grabbed her water bottle.

"Yeah."

She glanced at him to just realize he was shirtless and in basketball shorts.

Holy abs and hotness. She thought.

Mason walked over to her and gently stroked her cheek. "So, is this what you do in your free time?"

He walked over to the weights and started lifting, looking at her. Sage watched his muscles as he lifted, earning a laugh from him. She blushed once again at being caught. She spun around to find something else to do.

"Pretty much or go for a run." She answered.

"You need to live a little! Why don't we go to the movies sometime this week?" He asked.

Sage nodded, "I'd like that."

"You two aren't having sex are you?" Rosalie asked as she walked in.

Both looked at her, "No!"

"Good, I would have to kill him if you were." Dimitri grumbled.

Mason gulped as Dimitri walked in shirtless, when he noticed the scars even more fear ran through him.

Talk about intimidating and scary ass fathers. He thought.

Dimitri sighed as he sat down and folded his arms across his chest, he narrowed his eyes at Mason.

"You better not fuck or fuck up, kid." He stated.

Mason nodded, "Yes, sir."

Rosalie rolled her eyes, "Demetrius Xander Black-

"Here we go again." Dimitri groaned.

-stop scaring the poor boy! He hasn't done anything wrong! And excuse me, but you weren't exactly perfect either."

"What did I do?" He asked, bewildered.

"Uh, dad, that whole Eli deal..." Sage whispered.

Dimitri chuckled nervously, "Oh, yeah...that."

"Uh huh, that. Almost sent me to an enemy pack." Rosalie grumbled.

"I would of came back for you."

"Yeah and start a war between two packs. You're an idiot. Anyway, you two enjoy your work out while I go and torture my husband."

"Oh, come on! What did I do now?" Dimitri groaned as he followed his wife.

"You were being an ass!"

"I'm always an ass! I'm also always in your-

"If you finish that sentence you will not get any sex for a month."

"I'm sorry, honey."

"Uh huh, you're cleaning out the closet."

Both Mason and Sage were cracking up as Dimitri started complaining about needing to do that. Sage shook her head before focusing on her mate again.

"You'll get used to their little arguments. So, what brings you here anyway?" She asked.

Mason smiled, "I joined the guard."

"So, I'll be seeing you around the castle more and....in a nice outfit."

"Looks like it, will I be seeing you in any nice outfits?" He asked.

She smirked, "I don't know, we'll see."

That night Sage laid in her bed, smiling to herself. She had finally got a mate and he wasn't an asshole, that was a relief for her.

She was about to fall asleep when her door was shoved open.

"YOU FOUND YOUR MATE!?"