Chapter 24

Jason shivered violently as the night's freezing temperatures caught up to him. He dry heaved, spitting out blood that pooled into his mouth. His eye sight blurred for a few seconds before returning to normal.

"I'm sorry, mom and dad. I'm so sorry." He cried softly.

"Jason?"

He snapped his head up as a young girl ran out from the shadows. His eyes widened and panic coursed through him.

"Iris, what the hell? Run!" He whisper yelled.

Iris shook her head, "I'm not leaving you here to die."

"I love you, but get the hell out of here. Go and tell Dimitri everything. Where this hell hole is located and about all of their plans! Now, go!"

"No! You're my brother! I-I can't leave you to die! I lost mom and dad, I'm not losing you too!" She cried.

Jason sighed, "And I can't watch you die. I already watched mom and dad, I can't watch you too. You're too young. Now, please, go."

Iris furrowed her eyebrows and took a step closer, but Jason shook his head.

"Please." He whispered.

Iris had silent tears running down her face as she ran over and gently hugged him. Ignoring the burning of the silver chains.

"I'll get them to come back, but don't you dare die. I can't lose my big brother too." She whispered.

Jason cried softly and kissed her on the forehead. "Now, go."

Iris obeyed this time and climbed down the side of the cliff before running alongside the river.

Benjamin and Derek stepped out and frowned.

"Who were you talking to?" Benjamin questioned.

Jason glared at them, "My deceased parents."

"Oh, well, Clarissa sent us to make sure your wound doesn't heal." Derek answered.

Jason screamed as they used their claws and opened up his wound again. When they were done he was shivering and bleeding.

"I'm sorry." He whispered to no one.