Chapter 10

"Do you think whipping him or slowly cutting his fingers off?" Dimitri wondered aloud.

Sage pursed her lips, "I sometimes worry about you."

"That is all I do, worry about him." Rosalie sighed.

"But totally go with cutting his fingers off."

"Oh, yeah, definitely that." Sage joined in.

Dimitri nodded, "I'm going to have him begging for his death."

They waited a few more hours until the doctor walked out, when she told them about all of Sara's injuries and an old one, they were furious. Dimitri stormed into Sara's room and claimed a chair, refusing to leave until she woke up.

Sage and Rosalie didn't argue, they quickly sat down and waited for her to wake up.

Sage was worried sick, her sister was almost as white as the sheets, she had a small oxygen tube going under her nose, (what are they called again?)an IV in, her leg propped up on a pillow, and multiple other things.

When the Doctor told them about Sara coming in earlier in the week because of rips in her vagina, Dimitri was on the brink of shifting. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

He felt guilty for ignoring all of the signs, for ignoring her. He gently grabbed her small hand and rubbed circles on it with his thumb. His eyes glistened with unshed tears, his heart felt heavy with sorrow as he studied his injured daughter.

A few hours later they all watched as she slowly opened her eyes. She smiled sadly at him, her eyes shining with obvious pain.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

Rosalie frowned, "You have nothing to be sorry for, honey. We're just glad you're okay."

"Your mother is right, you have nothing to apologize for. I just wish you told us sooner or at least told Sage." Dimitri said.

Sara frowned, "I-I didn't want to risk Jason hurting any of you."

"We could of handled him." Sage frowned.

"But Elijah, Demetria, and Winter wouldn't be able to if they were alone. He has strange...abilities. He's really fast too."

She sighed as she looked at the ceiling, "I also didn't know what to do. I was scared he would kill me and hurt you guys or just beat me and then kill you guys. I didn't want you getting hurt."

Sage smiled softly and gently hugged her sister, "Well, we're here for you. Just remember that."

"I will." Sara smiled as she rested her head on her sister's shoulder.

"So, what are my injuries, exactly?" She asked.

Dimitri sighed, "A few bruised ribs, broken ankle, bruised collarbone, and then that stab wound from his claw."

"They also found a few old cracks on your ribs. How long has he been doing this for?" Rosalie asked.

Sara swallowed, "Well...he would only hit me here and there in the beginning and would threaten you guys if I didn't spend every minute with him. Then he started beating me at the beginning of this week."

"He was surely an idiot with it. I'm glad he didn't know how to hide it well or who knows when we would have figured it out." Sage frowned.

"He's a dead man." Dimitri growled. "Once I'm done with him."

Sara sighed, she bit her lip. "He....what if....if I'm pregnant? When he..."

Rosalie quickly ran over and soothed her, "Shhhhh, it's okay. We'll worry about that when the time comes."

Sara just nodded as she started to feel tired again. Her family smiled at her and kissed her on the cheek.

"Go to sleep." Rosalie whispered.

Sara started to panic when she saw them get up. "No! Please, stay. Please! What if he-

"Hey, shhhh, I'll stay. Okay?" Rosalie assured her.

"Me too, we'll protect you." Sage grinned.

Sara relaxed, "Thank you."

Dimitri frowned as his daughter fell asleep, her eyes still showing her pain. He turned on his heel and started to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" His wife asked.

He stopped and slightly turned his head, "To have a nice little chat with Jason."