Chapter 3

Sage narrowed her eyes at Sara, her twin quickly noticed the annoyance. Sara hesitated to walk into Sage's room, highly disliking the glare she was sending her way.

"Uh...I'm in trouble, aren't I?" She asked quietly.

"Yes." Sage snapped.

Sara released a breath, "I know I haven't helped much, but-

"Not much? You haven't helped at all! I understand you found your mate and all, but that doesn't mean to spend all your time sucking his face off! I just found mine, but we're going to plan our dates and schedules. I still have the responsibility of caring for my younger siblings." She snarled.

Sara nodded, "I know, I'm sorry."

"Right."  Sage scoffed.

"What else do you want me to do?"

"Tomorrow, you are to help me and apologize to dad for what you said to him the other day."

Sara stiffened.

"I hate you! You never let me do anything! If  Christine were here, she would let me!"

Her father's eyes filled with hurt as he stared at her. After a moment of silence he glared at her.

"Stop acting like a spoiled brat!" He snapped.

"No! I want to spend time with my mate and I can't! I don't want him to think I'm not interested and then for him to go and cheat on me!"

"He's not going to do that." He scoffed.

Sara folded her arms across her chest, "Christine did it to you."

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair, she felt guilt swell in her heart. She knew what she said was uncalled for, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want Jason to cheat on her, she didn't want to end up like her father. Like Alpha Black.

"I don't know how." She admitted. "Dad won't even look at me."

Sage sighed, "Talk to mom, she'll know how. But what you did hurt him. He wouldn't eat those whole two days and refused to talk to me or mom. You've been acting horrible ever since you found Jason. If he truly loves you then he won't cheat on you. Whether he's horny or not."

Sara nodded silently. Both sat there in silence before Sage release a breath and smiled a little.

"Mason is one hot motherfucker. I'm so happy he's my mate!" She cheered.

Sara chuckled, "I'm glad you finally found your mate!"

"I am not a motherfucker!" A male's voice yelled from the end of the hallway.

Sage and Sara laughed before Sara crawled into Sage's bed. She sighed and laid beside her sister.

"How bad did I hurt dad?" She whispered.

"Bad." Sage answered.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, "I'm just terrified of Jason leaving me. I won't handle it like dad handled it. I'm weaker than him." She murmured. "I don't know how to handle this...love thing."

"Why don't you talk to Jason? He's your mate. He should understand."

Sara was unsure, but deep down, she knew her sister had a point. She shouldn't keep her fears hidden from her mate if she wanted them to grow stronger together.

"I'm just like mom." She whispered.

Sage frowned and sat up, "Sara, you are not like mom. Mom didn't give two shits about her mate, you're scared of losing your's. There's a difference."

"But I hurt dad just like she did."

"No, she did way worse. She caused the Alpha Black side of dad, not you. You just....ripped a small section of his heart out."

"That sounds disgusting."

"Not in the realistic sense! Just....I can't even handle you right now." Sage sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Do you think now would be a good time to apologize to him?" Sara asked.

Sage shook her head, "Mom is supposed to go into heat tonight. They're probably doing it like rabbits in there. I wouldn't interrupt them or dad may just rip off your head."

"If we have one more sibling..."

"Then I'll strangle them with condoms."

Sara raised an eyebrow, "You have issues."

"I know." Sage sighed.

The next morning Sage walked downstairs with Sara trailing behind her. They walked into the kitchen to see Dimitri glaring at his phone, Rosalie flipping pancakes while holding Winter and Demetria annoying her brother. Overall, it was a busy, regular morning in the castle.

"Morning girls." Rosalie smiled.

Sage grinned, "Morning."

"Morning." Sara whispered.

"You're not with Jason today?" Elijah asked.

Sara smiled, "No, I'm spending today with you guys. He has stuff to do with the guard anyway."

"That's a shocker." Dimitri grumbled.

Sage sighed, "Are you going to say good morning or glare at your phone?"

Dimitri looked up and smiled, "Good morning, Sage."

Sara felt awkward around her father now, she was expecting him to bite her head off or something. She was hurt from him ignoring her so easily, she knew she deserved it.

She sat beside her sister and stared at her hands.

"I'm sorry." She said loud enough for Dimitri to hear.

Dimitri looked up from his phone before grunting in reply and looking back at it. Sara frowned and sunk a little in her chair.

Rosalie placed all their plates in front of them before leaning down, close to Dimitri's ear.

"Stop being childish. Just talk to her after breakfast. I'm pissed too, but I still love her."