Chapter 16

Sage sighed and closed the book, her head was starting to ache with the constant researching. She was struggling to form an actual plan. She was focused on the war, but she also wanted to rescue her father. She didn't want to wait until the skin-walkers brought the war to them, he could be dead by then.

The thought of them killing her father caused her to shiver in disgust. Sorrow filled her when she thought of her father dying on the cold floor of a cell or whatever they had him in. Tears pooled into her eyes and fell onto the book's cover.

"Hey, Sa-what's wrong?" Mason asked as he walked in.

Sage looked up, "I'm scared for my father. I-I don't know what's happening to him."

Mason frowned and wrapped his arms around her. "Your father is a strong guy, whatever they're doing to him, he can handle. We just need to find him."

"But where do we start? We could bring the war to them, but we don't even know where they're at." She sighed.

Mason frowned, "First thing is first, we need to find out where they are."

"I already thought of that, which is why I'm trying to find their scent. I've had warriors sniffing around the territory, but there's no trace of them. Alphas all over the world are watching out for them."

"They have to be located here, unless they were able to get a plane." Mason voiced.

Sage frowned, "They wouldn't be able to get a public one or whatever they're called. Can't exactly bring a man who's all bloody, on there. They would be asked many questions."

"So...a private jet?"

"Yeah, but how would we find one?"

Mason smirked, "My father designs them, flies them, and controls all of the airports. I can call him and he can help."

"How the hell did he get control of all the airports?"

Mason shrugged, "He's an asshole to many people."

"Ah, I see."

Sage walked into her mother's room to see her sitting up. She had a worried look on her face and tears in her eyes as she looked at a photo. Sage crawled into the bed and sat beside her.

"He's going to be okay, right?" Sage whispered.

Rosalie sighed, "I don't know. Skin-walkers can be very cruel with their ways."

"We need to find him."

"We have to track them down first. We can't do that without finding their scent."

Sage pursed her lips as an idea formed in her head, "Do we have any skin-walkers that we're friends with still?"

"Yes, an elder named Persephone."

"Where does she live?"

"In New York."

Sage smiled, "Looks like I'm going to New York."

A/N: This book won't be as long as the others. Maybe about 30 chapters