Chapter 5: We were wrong

'You got everything?' asked Alice, checking everything would go perfectly fine.

I eyed everything I had in my bag and smiled, nodding. I quickly checked my keys and my phone in the pockets of my coat.

'I think so.' I nodded firmly and breathed out a sigh of relief.

'God, why am I so nervous? I think I might be more nervous now than on my first day.' I said, blushing a little. I was embarrassed that I was stressing over something that might not even exist.

I looked into one of the bigger mirrors that hung up on the wall and pushed a hair behind my ear that had fallen out of place.

'I think I did a pretty good job on doing most of your make up.' Said Alice proudly.

I laughed out loudly at that statement.

'Are you kidding? You did my eyeliner up to my eyebrows. I had to do it all over again.' I said, giggling. She rolled her eyes and I quickly glanced once more in the mirror before turning around and kissing her on the cheek.

'Wish me luck.'

I started walking towards the door when I stopped and turned around.

'What if I fuck up badly? or I'll get fired?' I looked at her with wide eyes of terror but she just laughed and pushed me out the door.

'Go get him tiger and stop worrying.'

✖️

Soon I was stood exactly where I was two days ago. I thanked the taxi driver and wished him a nice day and clenched my bag. The house stood in front of me firmly and was bouncing the sunlight into my eyes.

I took my first few steps and I realised my breath wasn't even. I tried to calm down; I took a few deep breaths. When I thought I was ready I knocked three times.

His face was suddenly revealed and the big rush of air hit me again. He smiled big and wide, unlike the last time I saw him. I felt a little less mad that he stood me up suddenly, but I wouldn't let it go.

'Hey, you alright?' he asked while stepping aside, allowing me to enter inside. I stepped aside with a huge smile to match his.

'I'm fine. How about you?' I asked, turning around to face him when I entered.

'Great, actually.' He said. And then he seemed to remember something, stutter a little and end up saying, 'uh- Joe is upstairs. He decided he wanted a nap before you came so he could be full of energy to play with.'

I giggled. He was so cute.

'So, I guess we can sit down and finish what was meant to happen yesterday.' He said, but this time with his smile fading a little. From what I could tell, (which wasn't a lot) he felt guilty towards what happened.

'Sure,' I said. I took of my coat and went to place it on a hanger. I didn't take anything out because I was already hot from the weather outside. I was left in my stripped shirt and my black, flowy skirt that had straps that were thrown over my shoulders. I had white socks which hanged out from my converse.

It was mostly Alice's choice to dress me this way as I'd never normally wear this to my "job". However, this was in fact my favourite outfit to wear while going outside to mess around.

'I don't have ice-cream but I have tea and coffee and some kind of cake. You want anything?' he asked, wiping his, I noticed, sweaty hands on his jeans. He breathed out a deep sigh and bit his lip, all the small details I noticed.

'I think water would be good enough for me.' I shrugged really, not giving a care in the world. When I looked up at him, his eyebrows were creased and then he finally said;