Chapter 6: Erica

'Annnd then, I tried to insist for him to tell me where he worked at but Joe woke up.' I said, and bit my lip as I took a sip of my drink.

'So you didn't actually find out where he worked at then?' Asked Alice as she slumped herself down onto my big bed.

She reached out for her can of Pepsi and sipped.

I moved my mouth to the side of my face and thought about it. I finally shook my head. I had no idea where he worked at.

After a moment of silence Alice finally erupted.

'Maybe he's a drug dealer!' she exploded. I laughed at her silliness. Yeah right, I thought.

'No, I'm being serious!' she insisted.

'Are you actually kidding me?' I laughed harder than before., I had to put away my drink because I was afraid I was going to drop it from shaking with laughter.

'No!' she shouted, offended.

'Think about it.' She said firmly, and I finally calmed down and stopped laughing but still with a smile on my face.

'You're crazy.' I said and shook my head.

'How does he have a huge house like that? Raising joe alone in such a huge house that he earned himself.' She explained.

I held up a finger, 'Hey, maybe his girlfriend or wife is just somewhere far away for a job or something. You never know.' I said, and I kind of regretted saying it. What if that was true? What if I've started falling for my "boss" and it turns out he has a wife he loves to the moon and back and is just waiting for her to come back?

'Being a drug dealer earns you a lot of money. You never know.' She repeated what I said before, but she realised my face toning down. 'You okay?'

'Yeah it's just...' I hesitated. 'What if he actually has a wife. Or a girlfriend.' I bit the side of my cheek and stared at the floor, away from Alice's face.

'What if you've been wrong that he got mad because I was young... and got mad at something else?' I said, thinking to myself about the possibilities.

'Like what?' she said in a sarcastic voice.

'What, that you didn't compliment his face every minute?'

'God no!' I grumbled back. Then I mumbled, 'if I could I would.'

'What was that?' she said, a wide smile spreading across her face.

Her fever affected me too and I was smiling like an idiot. I groaned and fell on my back onto my big and fluffy bed.

'You haven't seen his face.' I whispered and closed my eyes, trying to remember every feature. 'His eyes-' I began, suddenly excited to share everything about him to my best friend. 'they just.. every time he smiles they shine like stars. And his smile is so wonderful I can never stop myself from smiling too. And his eyes are such an amazing mixture of colours with the deepest shade of blue and a huge amount of shining green.'

Soon Alice lied down next to me as I started playing with my hair, fantasising.

'I've never seen eyes like that. Never.' I repeated, admitting to the roots of feelings I had for him, kept away.

'Carry on then.' Whispered Alice gently, and I loved that she did. I had so much to say about him.

'His hair is dark but I think its dyed and it sticks in all different directions – but it looks perfect which is so unfair. Then he has stubble, and it's so amazing. I wish I could touch it. And his jawline. I haven't hugged him yet because if I would it would cut me in half. And just -  he's pretty much perfect.' I said the whole thing quite loudly, yet my voice was gentle and settle. I had a soft smile sown onto my lips.