Chapter 8: Explanations and a bonus

We didn't really talk during the ride to his house, and we weren't rushing anywhere either. The car was driving pretty slow and we would be the type of car my mum would have beeped the fuck out of when we were racing to the hospital. But we didn't really care about going slow, it was kind of on purpose too.

I was wondering what we would be doing when we arrived at his house. I guessed just kind of talked a little and then maybe watched a movie, eat something and just spread our ways into different rooms. But I didn't know, even though I really wished something much better happened.

We were at a red light and Michael was leaning his head on his hand that was on his car door when he just looked at me. I wasn't paying much attention, and was seated in a position where one of my legs was cross and the other hanged on top of it and dangled from the seat.

'Do you drink?' he suddenly asked, breaking the awfully long and awkward silence.

I smirked but tried to hide it, ashamed a little. 'I'm not supposed to.'

'But do you?'

'Yeah,' I said and bit my lip, allowing the small smile to break free.

He smirked, licking his lips before looking me up and down again.

'What do you drink?' he asked again, placing his hands back on the wheel as the light turned green. I thought a little, but I didn't have anything specific.

I drank a lot, which was probably bad, but some of it was with my parents.

They always bought champagne and wine to events, and sometime when they had mixed drinks I would make one for myself too, and they were okay with me drinking it. After all, it was under adult supervision to it was technically allowed.

'Anything, really.' I answered, shrugging.

'You don't have a fake ID, do you?'

'Not yet.' I said, and then realised my mistake. 'No...' I said.

He soon stopped outside a shop and came back with a bag full of something that looked like a box of beer and whiskey or vodka, but I guessed it would be a pretty heavy night so I was fine with it. I would probably only drink the beer anyway.

We were soon stood outside his house, my hand holding my band and his holding his house keys and the plastic white bag containing the alcohol.

We got inside and it was pretty cold inside. He locked the door behind us and whispered under his breath, 'Shit.'

He placed the bag on the floor and ran up the stairs. I felt pretty cold so didn't really want to take my coat off. I heard something slam shut, but I didn't sound much like a door. He hopped down the stairs and explained, 'I was in a rush I forgot to close to big window upstairs, it freezing now. I'll turn on the heating.'

He did as he said to, and soon he was back with me on the couch.

I had taken my coat off and regretted it solemnly, it was still freezing and the heating took a lot of time to heat up. He turned on his TV and switched to Netflix.

'Any wishes or specific needs?' he turned to me, nudging his head towards the screen. I just shook my head and he pressed a few buttons and picked out Breaking Bad.

'A show about drugs. You watch this around Joe?' I asked, burring myself deep into the sofa.

'If I had time I wouldn't hire a babysitter.'  He said while popping open a beer and handing it to me.

'Well done me.' I mumbled under my breath and he chuckled a little. He opened one for himself and took a big sip. A gulp, even.

We were watching and drinking, no particular topic really, just some small talk and comments about the show.