Hansol

The answer is so obvious; You forget everything when you see me.

Preparing for exams was not an easy task, but you got the job done. As well as getting the best grades possible in your classes, you had been preparing the guides along the way to make sure when the tests did come, you weren't blindsided by the stress that others fell deep into. Energy drinks in hand and a few sharpened pencils, along with the papers that held all the information helped you pass every year with flying colors.

Walking into the library with all of your equipment, you sit down and plug in your headphones, ready to start the process that would go on for another week. It was still early to begin studying, but it was better than spending the couple nights before the test cramming all you could into your mind. You start to skim through the parts that you already know and make points on the ones that are still fresh to your memory.

"Excuse me." You jump in your spot from the scare and turn to see who your oncoming attacker is. To your misfortune, Hansol is standing in front of you with a doe-eyed expression and a few textbooks in his hands. "Do you mind if I sit with you? We're in the same class so I thought-" You nod and push your seat away from him so he can sit down, Hansol dropping the books on the library table with a loud thud.

Hansol wasn't a bad kid in class, he just liked to sleep more than learning about classical literature. You didn't blame him since it was a dreadfully awful subject, also because he was an angel in his own right. Hansol always knew how to make people laugh with his fast talking, and even when he said no words he kept you interested. He sat two desks away from you, but you looked back often at him without his knowledge. Even if you loved learning about books and their authors, you liked Hansol's face a little bit more.

You look over at him, concentrating hard on the pages in front of him with a pencil trapped between his teeth. Hansol releases it and turns to you, catching you in the act. His eyes turn softer and he smiles. "Do you think you could help me with this?" You turn over to see the cover, and you smile. "We read this last week, Hansol."

"Sue me for not wanting to read about some rye catcher."

You turn your seat to face Hansol explain the major beats of Catcher in the Rye, and soon you're in a complete literature study session with Hansol. You go back and forth about the books you've read over the year and what you know will be on the test, having him write it down when you tell him to do so. Hansol stares at you intently when you talk, and although it's close to being invasive, it's nice to have him looking at you for a change.

"So definitely try to skim over the last chapter of the Crucible, because she mentioned she would pull questions from there." You turn back to your notes and go back to where you left off, and you feel Hansol's eyes staring at you again. You twirl your head to look at him again and you laugh. "What?"

"How is it that you can retain all this, and I can't remember one character's name from these books?" You grin and put your pointer finger to his temple, tapping it lightly. "It's all about becoming in tune with your brain."

Hansol comes back to meet you after school the days following, running through all the subjects that he needs help with, even if you don't take the same classes. You still get from his textbooks what they're saying, so you help him as best as you can. As usual over the past week, Hansol pays attention to when you talk, but sometimes you think he's drifting off in his own thoughts.

The day before your test, you quiz Hansol on everything you've studied the past week, and he does extremely well. "You make me so proud," You sniffle and pretend to wipe a tear from your eye, earning a laugh out of him. When you're both packing up to go home, Hansol stops you from leaving. "Do you mind if I walk you home?" You shake your head and walk out with him, saying goodbye to the librarian before you leave.

Making it to your doorstep, you realize Hansol somehow snaked his hand in yours. "Do you think we can do something after exams are over? Something that doesn't have Calculus or any books involved?" You let go of his hand and blush, putting your key in the front door and opening it slightly before turning back to face Hansol. He's waiting for an answer and he couldn't be more anxious. "Ask me again after you get your scores."

Hansol runs to his classroom door to find his test grade, dreading what could be his final mark. Fortunately, he finds a B marked next to his name and jumps for joy, despite the group of students who look at him funny after he does. Hansol takes out his phone to call you, but puts it away immediately and runs, knowing exactly where you'd be at this time.

You take a sip of your water and begin reading the next chapter of your book. Hansol stops you from going farther when he runs into the library, standing still as soon as he sees you. A second passes before he raises his hands into the air and screams, "I got a B+!" You hop up from your seat in congratulations and clap your hands, sharing Hansol's happiness. Without your knowledge, he has other plans.

He runs towards you and picks you up in his arms to give you an incredibly tight hug, but you don't mind. Being close to him after the past seven days is a warm feeling, realizing that in his arms it's a bit breathtaking and scary. Cheesy as it may be, you hold on tighter with a smile on your face. Hansol puts you back down and all you see is his bright eyes and incredibly brighter smile.

"I'm so happy for you Hansol. You did it!" Hansol blushes and somehow gets closer to your face, ghosting over your lips with his own. "I had a bit of help though. I can't take all the credit. Anyway, I really needed to get a good score, or else I couldn't do this," He smirks before closing the small gap between you both and pressing his lips to yours. Although you're a bit nervous, you snake your hands around his neck and let yourself get lost.

You're only a couple seconds into the kiss before the librarian yells at the two of you to break it up when she comes back.

"Sometimes I really hate that lady," Hansol mumbles after you separate, causing you to laugh. "So how that offer I made before?" Once you stuff your items in your bag, you take Hansol's hand in yours and leave the library, ready to embark on something together that isn't related to textbooks.