Wonwoo

When you think it's too late, you've already fallen for me.

Wonwoo didn't want to make friends. Not only because people were afraid of him but caring about more than one person seemed like a hassle. The only person he considered something close to a friend was Mingyu, and even he could be a pain in the side sometimes. Wonwoo didn't want to be where he was, but he wasn't much of a talker or a people person.

When people took drift of that, they started to be cautious of him. He saw it as fun for a time, and it only snowballed from there. Although bad boys were told to beat up unpopular kids, smoke and drink, Wonwoo did none of the above. He did get in trouble and smack people around from time to time, but that was as far as it went.

You hard heard rumors about the boy who wore too much leather and got into many unnecessary fights. Wonwoo, the boy who always had his face etched in a frown and worked to be a nuisance for his teachers. The boy who was told to have a ton of secrets in his back pocket and notches in his bedpost.

Your friends thought he was tempting and dangerous, his quiet attitude and more than attractive face being enough to pull them in. You didn't bother paying attention. He was nothing and would be nothing more than a annoyance, and there was no room in your life to waste on someone who wanted to make things difficult.

That didn't stop whatever brought you two together from doing so.

You're walking home from school when you see Wonwoo stumble in the alley, his face smeared in blood and his knuckles covered in the same mixture. He falls down on the grown face first, and you think about the options displayed in front of you. You decide walking  away would be the best decision. Wonwoo must've gotten into fights before and walked away fine, so this was only a stepping stone. Right?

With your morals blocking the wrong way, you walk down the alley and unzip your backpack to get napkins from your lunchbox. He doesn't seem to care about he person in front of him, but you pull Wonwoo up to sit against the wall and he sees your face. Although you're inspecting the damage, you see his features in full light. His eyes dark and clouded to his lips. Even though they're drenched in red, you still believe it's not bad to look at.

"What're you doing," Wonwoo coughs up as you're grabbing your water bottle. "Helping you. Now be still." You see the cuts behind the blood and pour the water on them, hoping to reduce possible damage later on. Immediately Wonwoo grunts and flinches in pain, but you shush him with a smile on your face. You find it funny that he's so quick to react when he was rumored to be good with more than a few punches.

"Be still. That's not the worst part." You take the napkins and wipe most of the blood off, finally seeing his face in a better light. With nothing left to do you ask him if he'll be okay. Wonwoo nods slightly, and you walk away hoping that he'll be well enough to walk home by himself. The last thing he remembers before blacking out is your face, detailed perfectly as you studied his own.

You flip the page of your textbook before seeing Wonwoo walk into the library, cuts adorning his left cheek and a bandage over the corner of his lip. You remind yourself it's none of your business, so you turn back to the book in front of you and continue jotting down notes. If he wanted to talk he would, but all Wonwoo can do is stare at the girl that is nothing less than a mystery. She had the nerve to patch me up, and now I can't say a thing to her.

You don't look up from your book, but you do notice the chair in front of you scrape against the floor. Wonwoo sits down and puts his hand under his chin, inspecting you. "Why did you help me before?"

Wonwoo's words make you look up at him, seeing the new damage he's caused to his body. It makes you angry that he'd get hurt so easily and so sudden, but it doesn't stop you from replying. "Because you were hurt, and in good conscience I couldn't walk away from someone so beaten down." Wonwoo smiles, and it's the first time you've seen him light up. It's a rare sight, and you know once he realizes he's doing it. He quickly retracts and goes back to his regular demeanor.

"Well, I just wanted to say thanks. I mean, you know." You grin and reach a hand out, moving his face to each side to inspect him. He's shocked from the sudden contact, but he soon accepts your touch. "Get those cleaned and wrapped up again. You don't want it to get infected."

Without your awareness, Wonwoo starts to come around more, showing up at your locker and walking close by to make sure you get to class safe. He tries to be discreet, playing it at though he could care less about what you're doing and how you are, but he fails on all accounts. You find that funny too, Wonwoo suddenly showing interest in you for cleaning a few wounds.

Soon enough, he starts coming to you to fix him up. It gets so frequent you carry around a kit of bandages and gauze in your backpack to accommodate his injuries. He mocks the Hello Kitty bandaids you bring, but Wonwoo finds it to be pretty cute.

Although you thought he was an ass from the first time you heard about him, Wonwoo grows on you. You grow on him too, his feelings starting to come undone. Wonwoo found it in the beginning to be irritatingly incredible that he took interest in you, but he couldn't help it. Mingyu starts to tease him with his little crush, but Wonwoo adamantly denies it, even to himself. It isn't one-sided though. You blush when he looks at you closer and deeper than you thought possible, realizing at times that what you have with him is a little less than what you want.

"Why can't we just do something else," Wonwoo whines, throwing the book down on his floor. You laugh and take the pencil from him. "You need to pass this test if you want to end the term with a B. At least just try a few problems, and then we'll be done." He huffs and goes back to the textbook, Mingyu laughing from his spot on the beanbag. "Looks like you're whipping him into shape!"

Sitting in the library amongst the bookshelves, you patch Wonwoo up again. The damage he's caused isn't too bad, but enough for you to worry more. "That hurts!" Wonwoo pouts when you clean his wrist, the cut dragging vertically along his arm and in jagged pieces. "It's not my fault that you wanted to throw a bottle at somebody. I guess you should pay more attention." You're wrap up his arm, and put your kit back in your backpack. "Remember, check after an hour." You get up to go when a hand in yours stops you. "Do you think maybe, we could do something besides you putting bandaids on my face or studying? Although I love you for doing that, I'd like it a lot more if y'know, I could take you out?"

You laugh and kiss his cheek. You don't catch those couple of words until a few seconds after your lips leave his cheek and you're in awe. "Did you say-" Wonwoo slams his lips into yours, eyes fluttering closed the minute they come into contact. Although it's a shock to the system, you give in and let him move the two of you. Sooner than you want, he leaves and kisses you on the forehead. "I'll take that as a yes."

The rest of the day feels like a walk on clouds, finally getting what you've been holding out for. However, your brain falls out of your daze when you see Wonwoo and a boy you've never seen before. "You should pay more attention when I'm talking to you." The unknown guy yells at Wonwoo, and you can tell he is not in the mood. "Clearly you don't know me that well." Wonwoo is in his face, fists clenched and ready to swing. You think they might fight in the middle of the hallway, and when the guy raises his fist you run over and squeeze into the space between them. "Don't hurt him." The guy laughs and moves you out of the way. You push him off of you, and he smirks when he turns back to Wonwoo.

"Looks like you need little girls to fight your battles." Something behind Wonwoo's eyes snap, taking the boy's collar and slamming him into the lockers. "Touch her again like you just did, and we'll see about who can fight their battles." Wonwoo is holding on hard, and you bring him back with a touch to his shoulder. "Wonwoo! Let it go, please. Let's leave." Wonwoo grabs your hand to walk away, but you turn back to the guy still stacked up against the lockers. "I recall you said I was a little girl, hmm," You say before your knee comes in contact with his groin. Before he can yell out in pain you punch him in his jaw, your fist on fire when you pull back. "How's that for a little girl?"

"Hey! I'm still in pain y'know!"

"Now you know how it feels. What crazy circumstances, me being the one bandaging you up," Wonwoo laughs when he wraps your fist in gauze and gives you an aspirin. "I was handling it before you stepped in. You didn't have to play protective over me." With the aspirin kicking in quick, your hand feels better when you take Wonwoo's face in your palms. "You've been hit enough as it is. I wasn't going to let someone else do it again. And hey, doesn't that just show you I care?" Wonwoo smiles and brings you in again, his lips as gentle as they were the first time. You hands progress to his neck, and you forget about the sting in your joint and embrace the sweetness of Wonwoo's kisses. For a bad boy, his affection felt more than good