Prologue

The Lycèe department of Françoise Dupont organized a summer field trip not only for educational purposes but also for recreational ones. It was arranged as a consolation to the seniors before they start preparing for their le bac, and at the same time, the best distraction to unwind and enlighten those who were still in the bind.

When a black limousine parked outside the school entrance, Nino couldn't help but run towards it.

"Yo, Adrien! You're finally here!" the future DJ greeted when an obviously excited blond-haired model emerged from the vehicle. Like him, his friend was carrying a big, traveling bag full of clothes and other necessities.

"Salut, Nino!" Adrien replied with a high-five. "I thought I'll be coming here late. I only slept like four hours!"

"Mine's three, dude," he replied casually. "Wow, I'm glad your father finally agreed to give you a break. One was supposed to start working after they finished school, you know."

"I'm surprised that he allowed me to join here. He even told Natalie to clear my schedules for two weeks." the model remarked then shrugged his shoulders. "I just consider my work as some sort of helping our family business."

"Hey, guys! Over here!" Alya called them while waving her hands in the air. She was carrying a matching traveling bag with a video camera on the side.

"Salut, Alya. Seems like you're totally prepared for this trip." Adrien's greetings earned him a smirk.

"Of course, I can't miss this for the world!" she replied enthusiastically as she looked around. "But I think we might be missing one."

The trio turned their heads around when they heard a small commotion, followed by a loud squeaking sound as a petite, dark-haired girl ran towards their direction. Similarly, she has a large traveling bag but with a small rectangular box tucked on her arms.

"I'm so...sorry...I was...I forgot the time...of the meeting." Marinette huffed then handed them the box. "Papa...macarons..."

Nino and Alya squealed simultaneously as they grabbed the pastry with delight. Adrien, on the other hand, decided to help the dark-haired girl by unhooking her bag from her back.

"You're not supposed to run like that, Marinette. Your house is practically five minute's away from here." the blond cooed.

She blushed at his kind words and lost the care if such reaction was visible on her face. She was too exhausted to mind it anyways.

"Five minutes away, yeah. But she can still be late for more than five minutes." Alya commented while munching a macaron. "It's a good thing I gave her a fifteen-minute leeway for our meetup. Or else."

"Don't be too harsh on our Mari. Besides, she made it - and she even brought us some treats." Nino quipped her between bites.

Marinette gave a short laugh then glanced dreamily at her crush who was also enjoying the treats.

The designer was so excited she barely made a wink last night. She was so preoccupied imagining herself with Adrien, and probably went downhill if not for Tikki's scoldings.

Despite years of being together as friends, her stuttering mess remained the same, much to her dismay.

Alya was convincing her to end her unrequited love before their graduation. She tried deliberately, but her embarrassment and cowardice won over.

Marinette hoped that she could confess her feelings before the end of their school trip.

"All students, please gather at the Parkway for further instructions!" Miss Bustier made an announcement using a megaphone.