Chapter 7

Walking in an empty roadway around noon was the least among the things the teenagers wanted to do on their summer getaway.

"Why do I have a feeling that Paris loves us so much that we're not allowed to leave the place at all?" said by Marinette aka Ladybug, a beloved Parisian superhero and an idol by many.

"It might be because we woke up on a wrong side of the bed, or probably our stars predicted that today is not an ideal for us to travel." replied by Adrien aka Chat Noir, also a secret Parisian superhero well-known for his bad luck.

The designer snorted "There's no such thing like that, even if you consult a Feng Shui expert."

"Says by a Chinese girl who doesn't know how to speak basic Mandarin."

"Shut up." was her grouchy reply.

The model chuckled then gave a heavy sigh. His companion sighed too, especially in their current situation.

It was expected that the temperature would hit around 27°C minimum that day, which considered as typical for a French's summer, so both knew that the heat wave they were experiencing falls around that range.

They didn't have hats or umbrella to shield themselves from the direct sunlight, so they used their spare clothing - white shirt for him, black blazer for her - to cover their heads instead.

Each has a mineral water bottle they purchased before they left the store, which almost half-empty since a portion of it were used to remove their makeups. Their attires were returned to normal as they discarded the enhancements and accessories to someplace else.

"I think we've scared them enough." Adrien huffed as he wiped the trickling sweat from his forehead. "That they gave us wrong instructions."

"Or they assumed we're vigilantes, trying to rob a bank or an establishment God knows where. As if there's such a thing exists in the middle of nowhere."

He pursed a smile. After years of being friends with Marinette, he learned that the pig-tailed girl - though he unknowingly intimidated her most of the time - would break out from her shell once the situation demands it, reminding him of someone who became sassy once pressured.

Ladybug.

"Too bad we didn't give those people a benefit of a doubt, or rely on our GPS to check if there's actually another bus stop nearby."

"There's still no signal here, and my battery's on low," she responded after checking her phone for the seventh time then turned it off. "And besides, we're not that judgmental. We're also not stupid to see if they mislead us."

"So that means we're either on a right track, or we just followed the 'long cut'"

"If only we asked if their interpretation of nearby was similar to our vocabulary."

He cringed at the idea. "Don't tell me we'll be walking miles here under the heat of the sun."

"C'mon, let's try to enjoy the scenery, especially those empty green fields that you normally see in the countryside," she said sarcastically. "Wild animals on the side, fresh air billowing on our faces..."

"Add a Cowboy Theme music in our background and everything feels like we're in a middle of nowhere"

Both sighed again as they continued walking.

They couldn't get any available seats back in the stopover so they took their chances when one of the bus crews mentioned about a terminal for tourist and rental vehicles nearby.

And that nearby was still out of sight after road trekking for almost half an hour.

"Adrien?"

"Hmm?"