Chapter 18

Half an hour has passed and still no vehicle in sight.

Standing a meter away from each other, Adrien and Marinette were silent as they observed the starless sky, and their solace on that desolated roadside was Plagg's whiny voice.

"Adrien, Adrien...I need my Camembert." the black kwami moaned as he floated above his charger's face. "I'm dying!"

"You're not being helpful here." the blond hissed. "Why don't you shut your mouth for a moment and behave like...like Tikki."

The boy glanced at the red kwami who was sitting solemnly on her charger's shoulder. Tikki gave an understanding wink, which earned her a smile. Her fellow kwami however, rolled his eyes.

"You must be thankful to have a kind Master who handles your overbearing attitude."

"You mean, cat-titude, Sweet Tooth." Plagg corrected. "And for your information, this lowly person you termed as my Master is far more overbearing than me."

"Hey!"

A cheerful giggle sounded, which made Adrien's heart leaped from his lungs. It was a melodious music to his ears, something that he'll never get tired of hearing it. Something that he'll do everything to hear it again.

"Now I know where Chat Noir got his puns," Marinette commented. "And don't worry, we'll get you your cheese as promised."

"Princess!"

He chuckled when Plagg flew towards the designer's face with glee. He couldn't help but gushed when he saw the smile tugged on her mask-less face.

Bluebell eyes turned to meet his green and glued for a moment as both appreciated the knowledge of discovery and the fear of rejection.

Then a lightning struck.

Marinette was the first who broke the contact, much to his dismay. She chewed her bottom lip as she looked at the darkened sky.

"We need to go," she told him.

"Why?" he asked, forcing himself not to capture her wrist. "The bus might be here in a few minutes. See, the schedule post here says that the last trip will be at seven."

"And what do you think the time is now?"

"It's..." he pulled his phone out from his pocket, then looked at the time display. "Seven."

"Now you know why we need to go now."

"Maybe the bus is running...late? C'mon, Marinette." he grimaced, which raised her brows. "We're in a zone that has a zero cell reception. We don't have any ideas if there are some lodging houses or hotels somewhere that's not beyond fifty miles. Plus, it's night time."

"What's wrong with walking during night time? As if I've never done it before." she retorted, and he knew she was referring to their patrols. "Don't get me wrong, Adrien, but with that rolling thunder there? I don't want to spend a night under a summer rain."

"But hearing a thunder on a summer night is normal, as it might be caused by the rapid cooling of the hot ground."

The girl scowled. "You can quote me Science, nerdbrain, but I'm leaving."

Adrien pursed a smile. He was totally an idiot for not seeing his Lady in her.

"Did you know that good thing come to those who wait?"

His companion paused, then narrowed her eyes as she turned around. "Then how about Time waits for no one?"

This time he scowled. Indeed, no one could give such snarky remarks like his Lady.